Sign in to follow this  
Bonwirn

So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

YES!  YES!  YES!  No longer on my anniversary!

Now Awesome Wife can't hold completing the Pony Adventurers over my head as a condition of attending RCON and missing our Anniversary!!!

Take that Awesome Wife!

ETA:  Errr....Dilvish Daughter, if you are reading this......don't tell your mom.

Crap, now she has blackmail on me.  Looks like the ponies are getting finished after all.

So much for OPSEC.

• Like 5

The first Saturday in May is also Free Comic Book Day.  I have some hard decisions to make for next year.

There are comic book stores in DFW. Come to ReaperCon; early breakfast Saturday; nip over to one or two of the comix stores early in the day; pick up a bite to eat for lunch; finish the day at the hotel and the Con.

---I don't see problem---

• Like 4

Ugh.. that rules me out.. my wife throws a belly dance seminar that weekend every year..  :down:

Was I the only one that saw this? You had my curiousity...now you have my attention.... ;) I hate that anybody that want's to go can't make it, but this sounds interesting too.

• Like 2

The first Saturday in May is also Free Comic Book Day.  I have some hard decisions to make for next year.

There are comic book stores in DFW. Come to ReaperCon; early breakfast Saturday; nip over to one or two of the comix stores early in the day; pick up a bite to eat for lunch; finish the day at the hotel and the Con.

In fact, there is one just up the road from the hotel.

• Like 1

In fact, there is one just up the road from the hotel.

The problem for me is that I always help out my FLGS as the owner is a friend. It's become a huge event for him (over 3300 free comics given away this year, no idea how many attendees - we had to dig into the 50 cent comics to have something to give away after 1:30 and we're open until 5:00). So, I have to make a choice between friends & minis.
  • Like 5

So, I have to make a choice between friends & minis.

Wait.  Are we not considered friends who you only see once a year?

Sure I don't know you personally but 2014 was my first visit and I only met a handful of forum folk.

• Like 2

So, I have to make a choice between friends & minis.

Wait.  Are we not considered friends who you only see once a year?

Sure I don't know you personally but 2014 was my first visit and I only met a handful of forum folk.

OK I'll clarify: friends with minis vs. friends without minis but who helped me move.

Were you the guy who won the vampire box at the 2nd banquet? If so, I was a couple of seats counter-clockwise from you. Mocha was between us.

But, enough party-pooping about FCBD, that's just my deal not everyone else's.

So, Reapercon, right?! Woooooooooo!!!

• Like 2

Were you the guy who won the vampire box at the 2nd banquet? If so, I was a couple of seats counter-clockwise from you. Mocha was between us.

No I was the guy sitting with Dr. at the table that had 3 raffle winners.  I won the Mouslings set by using some sort of mind control over Ron.

• Like 3

No I was the guy sitting with Dr. at the table that had 3 raffle winners.  I won the Mouslings set by using some sort of mind control over Ron.

It was the table that had 2 raffle winners during the first banquet and 3 raffle winners during the second banquet. RHS immediately after entering the center doors.

• Like 1

/jealous of mousling winners

BTW, you may have seen me mention this before but I traded them to an older guy (my grandpa age probably) sitting at the table that won the first raffle prize (KS1 case) because he asked if I would. Even though I wanted them the OTHER guy that won the Bones LTPK at the table had also won the Mouslings set the night before and did not want them so I told him to bring them to the con on Sunday and I would buy them for $30.  Since he agreed I did the swap with the older gentleman and felt like he would get more out of them since he had some awesome stuff he got medals for during the ceremony. IF this conversation had happened before then I may have tracked you down and worked out a deal with you to buy them from me or make a trade of some loot you had gotten at the con.

It was the table that had 2 raffle winners during the first banquet and 3 raffle winners during the second banquet. RHS immediately after entering the center doors.

Yeah that table. On Friday it was the guy who won the Mouslings and Harrek that won something.  Saturday it was the older gentleman winning the KS1 case, me getting the Mouslings, and the other Mouslings guy winning the LTPK.  That table was using up serious Karma points or something because we also got 2nd pick in the who gets to go get in line for food.

• Like 1

Yeah that table. On Friday it was the guy who won the Mouslings and Harrek that won something.  Saturday it was the older gentleman winning the KS1 case, me getting the Mouslings, and the other Mouslings guy winning the LTPK.  That table was using up serious Karma points or something because we also got 2nd pick in the who gets to go get in line for food.

The only thing I won was a good time and meeting a bunch of great people. And looking back, it was better than any raffle prize. Well worth the drive and dodging tornadoes on the way home. Thumbs up to the reaper crew again for a fabulous 4 days. Looking very forward to next years con.

• Like 4

Hey hey Rcon birthday weekend? Hmmmmmmm

I may or may not go next year, depends on finances but that would be a awesome birthday gift to myself ::):

• Like 4