So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

It's really cool how so many of us just started hanging out and bs'ing right away after meeting up even after never meeting in person before.

Word. And the shouts of "Oh right I know YOU!" when we shared our forum names. Best ice breaker ever :) 

On a random note (but not enough for off-topic rampancy), who was the vendor who had the nice wooden plinths? I didn't make it around to all the vendor tables and I REALLY wanted to pick some of those up. Seriously, when I go into Spaz Mode, I'm everywhere all at once but nowhere I'm actually supposed to be!

Hehe, explains how you disappeared to buy wine and came back all swag like. ^__^

Yes, in fact, it explains a LOT  :devil: I have a few pretty epic selfies with some of the forum peeps. Miss Melons, ours is my favorite! [edited because my emoticon didn't work. Definitely says it all!]

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 3

Seriously, this was so much fun meeting everyone. Next year though, I have a few things I'd change up:

1. Take a couple less classes - total of 1 per day instead of some days with 2
  2. Vary the classes more - I took only painting classes for intermediate and advanced techniques. Next year I'd do a high level painting class, a sculpting class, a conversion class, and a basing class. 
  3. Work on my figures for the competition over the course of 4-5 months rather than 1 week, getting and applying more of the feedback I receive. 
  4. Hang out with forum members (and new personal friends) more.
  5. Actually sit down and paint, do some speed painting.
  6. Attend some games during the day, I really wanted to play with Mr. M and his official slots, but had to settle for 1 night of late night D&D with him at the helm.
  7. Get there a day earlier so I could attend the BBQ
  • Like 6

I was glad to see the "Mice Dice" I threw into the auction went for 1900. They were the leftovers from my Mouseling game (-4) + me taking some (-3), giving Gene one since well he is the all father for the mouselings (-1) & giving one to someone since she gave me custom dice. Sooo if you were into limited items, I guess you got a great find. I was kinda surprised to see the guys that got the All things mouselings didn't try for them ::D:.

I may have to do some more custom dice again when I run games as it was fun handing them out to people.

• Like 2

Seriously, this was so much fun meeting everyone. Next year though, I have a few things I'd change up:

1. Take a couple less classes - total of 1 per day instead of some days with 2
  2. Vary the classes more - I took only painting classes for intermediate and advanced techniques. Next year I'd do a high level painting class, a sculpting class, a conversion class, and a basing class. 
  3. Work on my figures for the competition over the course of 4-5 months rather than 1 week, getting and applying more of the feedback I receive. 
  4. Hang out with forum members (and new personal friends) more.
  5. Actually sit down and paint, do some speed painting.
  6. Attend some games during the day, I really wanted to play with Mr. M and his official slots, but had to settle for 1 night of late night D&D with him at the helm.
  7. Get there a day earlier so I could attend the BBQ

Agree on all points.

I have 216 reapercon pictures on my camera...and about 20 something more on my phone. o_o

It's been 5 hours; are they posted on the board yet? ::P:

• Like 1