So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

Me too! Especially if there are squirrelings to go with them

... this begs the question, why isn't there a "Redwall" tabletop RPG with its own line of minis yet? :upside:

haha that's what I think of when I see Mouselings, to be honest  :ph34r:

• Like 4

I would assume that it's a tossup between the fact that "Redwall" would have to be licensed, in combination with the fact that there is already a Mouse Guard RPG and a boardgame involving medieval mice. That, plus any product they put out would have to compete with the awesomeness and variety of Gene's mouselings...

• Like 5

I would assume that it's a tossup between the fact that "Redwall" would have to be licensed, in combination with the fact that there is already a Mouse Guard RPG and a boardgame involving medieval mice. That, plus any product they put out would have to compete with the awesomeness and variety of Gene's mouselings...

If MouseGuard had minis, okay.

If Mouslings had companion otters, badgers, hares, squirrels, and moles, and villainous rats, ferrets, weasels, skinks, foxes, and cats, okay.

Redwall has a huge fanbase... a couple of my best friends met through an online Redwall RPG (unofficial) and invited Brian Jacques to their wedding (he sent a nice note). Licensing it might not be easy, but it's certainly doable - and we've seen less likely products licensed and turned into RPGs.

• Like 5

Its also quite possible that Brian Jacques has been approached about a Redwall RPG license and has said no. That situation may be why Mouse Guard RPG exists.

'struth.

A little searching online comes up with this tidbit... "I talked to the Sanguine fellas a few years ago at GenCon and they said Jaques refused to collaborate on the grounds that he really, really, doesn't like roleplayers." (from here ).

Makes me wonder how the situation might change with his passing and the license in his estate's hands?

But I suppose I should start a new topic to continue this...