So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

• Artists

I haven't yet read any Redwall, but I will pass along some possibilities for fans of anthropomorphic cute animals. 

There was a Kickstarter for a game to be called Cairn. The Kickstarter itself ran into troubles, which you can read more about in the Cairn thread in the Kickstarter section of the forums if you're interested. But the material for the game was transferred over to SoulJAR games, which recently finished all the writing and such and is hoping to have the book out at Gen Con. (Short version - guy who started the project squandered the money, guy who runs SoulJAR will give the book free to backers, but they will need to pay for shipping, and fulfillment of other rewards is between the squanderer and the backers.) SoulJAR does not have access to the Kickstarter page, so you can look there for a look at some of the art and what was planned to be in the book, and then look here for updates on book writing and editing:

http://souljar-games.blogspot.com/

The Mice & Mystics board games has some very fun figures that might be of interest to mousling lovers. (Or conversely, if you play Mice & Mystics, you could use mouslings to create your own custom PCs!) The opponent figures include one large centipede, one large spider, 8 cockroaches, and 6 rat warriors with swords and light gear, and 6 varied PC mice characters. The figures are pre-assembled hard plastic. I didn't have too many issues with gaps, but I did have some figures that were assembled with excessive glue. The game is set up in scenarios that form a complete storyline, so you can think of it as sort of a board game RPG. It's got modular boards for different set-ups, tokens and equipment cards. I think it'd be pretty easy to create your own scenarios once familiar with its system. It's a decent game, though I think the rules could be more clearly written.

Splintered Light Miniatures is a small company that has a pretty good line of anthropomorphic critters. They're 20mm, and they aren't exactly the same in style/size to mouslings, but could suit for those who aren't too fussy about that kind of thing. The line includes hares, squirrels, rats, otters, shrews, badgers, weasels, raccoons, moles, and more.

• Like 6

Space mouslings will be welcome at any Archon Raygun table I happen to run.

I've got a set converted up but not painted, of Mouse Gordon, Meese Arden, and Emperor Maus the Merciless.

I.

Wanna.

See.

That.

• Like 10

why there is no redwall game, Because Brian Jaques doesn't like anyone that isn't Brian Jaques. But I digress.

Honestly I would love to see more anthro animals. Darksword has some really cool ones but of course they aren't to scale with each other. For good reason. the Red Panda that came in the swag bag, would be approaching Nethyrmaul, or even Kalydrax size if it was to the same scale as a mousling

• Like 3

Space mouslings will be welcome at any Archon Raygun table I happen to run.

I've got a set converted up but not painted, of Mouse Gordon, Meese Arden, and Emperor Maus the Merciless.

Flaaash! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Like 4

why there is no redwall game, Because Brian Jaques doesn't like anyone that isn't Brian Jaques. But I digress.

Honestly I would love to see more anthro animals. Darksword has some really cool ones but of course they aren't to scale with each other. For good reason. the Red Panda that came in the swag bag, would be approaching Nethyrmaul, or even Kalydrax size if it was to the same scale as a mousling

Got from a reliable source that there is a DS anthropology rpg on the way. :)

• Like 3

I remember when they first starting charging more for bags, it was because the cost of fuel went up and the didn't want to raise ticket prices. Now they not only raised ticket prices, but kept the bag fees even adding more to them and then nickle and dime you on everything else imaginable. 

Yup, I remember that, to. This is also the reason I don't fly anywhere near as much as I used to. That and the fact that is really pisses me off to get singled out for a 'random' inspection just because I'm wearing jeans, combat boots and a Slayer t-shirt. :grr:

• Like 3