Sign in to follow this  
Bonwirn

So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

and here I just thought that when you got excited, you swirled your bum around like a happy puppy does....

So you have met me... :poke:

Yup, this year at Reapercon. Took your How not to suck sculpting class... And was a member of Corporea's Corner table.

• Like 5

Ooh, Populuxe, I love that book!

Someone else has READ that book? I figured that the word "Googie" had pretty much displaced "Populuxe" for that style, despite the fact that I thought "Populuxe" was a way better descriptor...

• Like 1

and here I just thought that when you got excited, you swirled your bum around like a happy puppy does....

Yup, this year at Reapercon. Took your How not to suck sculpting class... And was a member of Corporea's Corner table.

I know, I was just reaching for the joke. :P

But Andy didn't come and hang out at Corporea's Corner nearly enough.

:down:   Wanted to.  Next year I'm finding Erin early to make sure she sets up shop near my station.

• Like 1

I know, I was just reaching for the joke. :P

But Andy didn't come and hang out at Corporea's Corner nearly enough.

:down:   Wanted to.  Next year I'm finding Erin early to make sure she sets up shop near my station.

Then I suggest you get the spot near the end of the table.... We liked where we were!

I have no control on that.  That side was painter's row and I'm more typically classified with the Sculptors.  I'll just have to get up for breaks more this year to come and harass you folks. I felt strangely shy about it last year, for some reason.  Not usually in character for me.  :unsure:

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 2

Ooh, Populuxe, I love that book!

Someone else has READ that book? I figured that the word "Googie" had pretty much displaced "Populuxe" for that style, despite the fact that I thought "Populuxe" was a way better descriptor...

It occupies a place of honor on my bookshelves.

I had a brilliant teacher (who tragically died of a brain aneurism way too young) who taught a class on American history via advertising. The textbook, "Advertising the American Dream" focused more on the '20s and '30s, but this book was the perfect accompaniment, and fun to boot.

I want to hang out with everyone!!!!  I'm going to try to take less classes this next year so I have more time to just paint and have fun.  Not that the classes weren't fun- they're awesome!  Also, I just made a list of all the things I need to finish before reapercon and... um... I might be busy...  painting forever... sigh.  I'll sit wherever!  I got in early that first day and just tried to get a table out of the way so I wouldn't mess with setup.  It looked like it was the "back of the room" so; therefore, "safe."  And after I unpacked everything I just didn't want to move.  :lol: 

Excitement!!  When do we get to reserve the rooms?  Was that in the spring?  I, too am hoping for banquets again this year.  Those goody bags were perfect.

• Like 8

I'm stoked about the 2015 Con.

I'll help Talespinner get away from his sculpting chair and hang out with people...Promise!

I might even have to pry the sculpting tools from his hands as he kicks and screams.  I hope its not too big a scene.

Edited by Kreve Lavelle
  • Like 4

I'm going to see about setting up near Corporea with my Basius stamps that I get (if okay with Reaper). Let anyone who brings milliput, green stuff, etc. make as many bases as they want.

• Like 6

I'll bring milliput...so someone can teach me how to mix it so it actually works for me. @[email protected] I just had to scrap my rcon15 diorama because the milliput NEVER set. I'm going to have to... /gasp sculpt with sculpt myself.

• Like 2