So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

Free breakfast saved me some dough that's for sure. I was able to stock up & was able to prob till 5 or 6 till I needed food again. Allot better then the Hgi we were in, in '12.

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

Count. Me. In.

Breakfast at this hotel was really nice, but next year I'm bringing real maple syrup to go with mah waffles. 

No real maple syrup? :blink: At those prices?

In my experience, syrup becomes harder to come by as you go south and west. Texas is both.

Fortunately, it's May, which means the farmer's market will open soon, which means my syrup guy should be in to restock me soon. :ph34r:

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 6
  • Artists

I couldn't get any speed paint tickets for GenCon. I tried. :down:

The usual practice for the speed paints had been to only sell some of the tickets via pre-registration, and keep four tickets for each slot aside for people to grab via generic tickets. I'm not 100% sure that's how it's being done this year, due to changes with the events book. (Sold out events aren't printed in the schedule in the events book because there are too many events to print now.)

Also, people often don't show up to an event, and you can take their spot with generics. This happens even with really expensive events like painting classes, but definitely happens with less expensive events like speed painting. And now that sold out events aren't printed in the book, it's less likely you'll have a bunch of people showing up to try to get in. So my advice is to show up 5 minutes before the speed paint you want to do with the appropriate number of generic tickets, and you'll very likely get in.

• Like 2

I've actually had some really good breakfast buffets at hotels over the last year.. some had biscuits and gravy better than Aweful house or Ihop

Fixed that phonetic spelling for you!  Lots of people make that same mistake.

• Like 1

The usual practice for the speed paints had been to only sell some of the tickets via pre-registration, and keep four tickets for each slot aside for people to grab via generic tickets. I'm not 100% sure that's how it's being done this year, due to changes with the events book. (Sold out events aren't printed in the schedule in the events book because there are too many events to print now.)

I'll try that, but, if the events aren't in the book, finding them to crash with generics might be harder than usual. :huh:

Event registration wasn't all bad news. I did manage to snag a ticket for a painting class Friday morning. I think it's led by someone named "R. Bender". You might have heard of her....     ::D:

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

I've actually had some really good breakfast buffets at hotels over the last year.. some had biscuits and gravy better than Aweful house or Ihop

Fixed that phonetic spelling for you!  Lots of people make that same mistake.

"Awful" doesn't have an 'e.'

You could also have said "offal" house, and the joke would be as good. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Artists

I'll try that, but, if the events aren't in the book, finding them to crash with generics might be harder than usual. :huh:

Event registration wasn't all bad news. I did manage to snag a ticket for a painting class Friday morning. I think it's led by someone named "R. Bender". You might have heard of her....     ::D:

I hope you'll enjoy that class. :->

My suggestion is to look through the events listing online before you come out to GC and jot down ones that you're particularly interested in (especially if they're ones that have sold out in pre-reg). 

I'm almost certain about the speed paint holding back 4 tickets per slot. I think they sell 12 in pre-reg, and sit 16 at the events. Double check to be sure, but I think there is pretty much one an hour from 10am to 6pm (last one ends at 6pm), so if you don't care which manufacturer is sponsoring a particular hour, you don't even need to write anything down for that one.

• Like 3