So who is excited about ReaperCon 2015?

I'll try that, but, if the events aren't in the book, finding them to crash with generics might be harder than usual. :huh:

Event registration wasn't all bad news. I did manage to snag a ticket for a painting class Friday morning. I think it's led by someone named "R. Bender". You might have heard of her....     ::D:

Name rings a bell.  Oh yeah...I think she gave me a few pointers in her Friday 4PM class on painting Bones.  Came in handy when I started on the Bones LTPK someone created but I can not remember who.

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ask and you shall receive, O' One of the Singular Footwear      

Oh. Never put this shot of five ounces of platypi. Had talespinner sign it. Hehehe   Shot was prior to it being signed.

Waiting on my minis to come back from mold making so I can start my contest entries...   Wait, what?

Posted Images

So anyone know when the best time to purchase tickets? Is there a set time before the flight dates? Say like 5 months before?

I did a test & while it won't go all the way to April/May I stretched it to end of March the other day & the cost for same trip I did this year was like 475.

You may want to check various days of week regarding what the ticket price is. I typically find cheaper fares on Tuesday through Thursdays. Although recently it has been more random. A site I use is kayak dot com which does a mega search. There are others out there also that can be used. SWA is not included in the kayak results though.

Usually use Delta since it's like 1 of 3 or 4 airlines that actually use Boise as a stop. SW is also a option but really don't want to go to Love after all these years of going to Dfw.

Almost all (if not all) airlines use some form of revenue management / pricing software which helps them determine how many tickets of each fare class should be made available for a flight on a specific day.  The totals are adjusted periodically based on the number of days away the flight is, the historical booking pattern for that day, the current booking pattern for that day, and other factors.

For example, if an airline knows that a given flight on a given day tends to sell out and the current booking pattern matches the old one, it will tend to have fewer of the cheapest fare classes available.  However, they also do look at competitors in the market for a given origin-destination fare, so they won't adjust their prices to be too much higher than the competition.

Knowing how much a ticket is for the same flight 2 weeks out, 4 weeks out, and 2-3 months out can help you gauge how much the same ticket for next year might be, but you have to keep in mind that airfares will fluctuate and airlines will periodically raise and lower prices in response to external factors (other airlines, oil prices, the economy).

Ron

PS:  A long time ago (15 years now?) I worked for one of the leading companies that produce revenue management and pricing software.  It was a long time ago, so don't blame me for your ticket prices.  ::):

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That's assuming they'll host there again. I liked the hotel, but sort of felt that the hotel itself felt overwhelmed by the turn out. I'm still curious how they handled the salt soap thing, which i found that its later disappearance as funny. (It was wonderful for cleaning paint from your hands)

Definitely don't book anything til RRon or RBryan make the announcement months from now.

• Like 2

The Hilton will be much better prepared, as will Reaper, for next year.

But then I won't have funny stories about downed computers. The solitary guy that got into Reapercon before the computers went down. He was like the only attendee for fifteen minutes or so.

The Hilton will be much better prepared, as will Reaper, for next year.

But then I won't have funny stories about downed computers. The solitary guy that got into Reapercon before the computers went down. He was like the only attendee for fifteen minutes or so.

I never said those things wouldn't happen, just that they would be better prepared.

• Like 1

Yeah, they will have two computers for registration next year... so that TWO people get a free 15 minutes together (by themselfs) before the system locks up...

If they do that, what I would like to see is one line for "Pre-Registered and not picking up any classes" and "All Others"... so that folks who just want the badge and bag don't have to stand in line for those looking over the list of classes....

• Like 3

As I understand it. Reapercon 2015 is already booked at the hotel. 

Gotta agree with Bonwirn hough, a separate line for those just picking up passes and swag bags, and maybe use the same line after day 1 for those in costume picking up bonus bucks, could keep things flowing more smoothly. And with luck next year my Buglips mini won't cause the printer to crap out for the painting contest. Assuming of course I do a new buglips mini. There has been at least one buglips themed entry for the last two years, I see no reason not to keep tht up.

• Like 3

Assuming of course I do a new buglips mini. There has been at least one buglips themed entry for the last two years, I see no reason not to keep tht up.

Yeah I thought we were gonna flood with buglios minis next year, in honor of him coming to reaper con. Or attempting to come at least. (Stares at her prepped goblin)

• Like 2