I was given a Bones CAV figure at Reaper con to be painted. I decided to keep it simple and comparable to a typical tabletop scheme. I wasn't happy with the scheme I had painted my other Ritterlich models in so I reduced the colors in the pattern to two (not including highlight and wash colors) and increased the contrast. The Bones figure is on the left. Don't know why the brush on sealer is so shiny on it. About 4 hours of painting. I'll see about taking some better pictures later this week.

post-1821-0-48700700-1403064967_thumb.jpg

• Like 16
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The base is like the metal ones, there's a large flat tab between the feet that fits in the hex base (I used the standard CAV hex base, picked up a couple from the melt table at the Con, but they can be ordered separately). You'll want to fill the space between the tab and the edges of the hex base.  The model is is four pieces (legs, torso, left arm, right arm). The peg between the legs and torso looked like it might be standardized, but the arms not so much. You'd have to ask Jon (CAVBOSS) about standard joints as I only have this one Bones CAV model (I gave the second one to Bonwirn (I think) at RCon). As with Bones in general, it would be easy enough to slice  up and and reglue the model how you like.

• Like 1

Yup, you passed the second one over to me!  WEEEEEE!!!  I have it on my paint table, he's uhm, 5th or 6th in line? I have a few exchanges to finish up, the last three complete buildings for a Force on Force table I am building... uhm, two chess boards similar to the one I put up in the Reapercon Auction to cast and separate out (one to build, one to ship in pieces), two SCI FI builds to make (one for competition here, one for a local Star Wars gaming group)... and I am about to take the month of July off for vacations, BSA summer camp, and training... with no real time to do any of the above  :(

• Like 1