Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Talae's Shelf of Shame gets a Level Up

Your printer issues notwithstanding, seems like a pretty simple project, too.

Overall, not too bad. I wish I would have made the foamcore measurements more precise. It would have made it come out even better.

• Like 5

Your printer issues notwithstanding, seems like a pretty simple project, too.

Overall, not too bad. I wish I would have made the foamcore measurements more precise. It would have made it come out even better.
Better luck next time. ::D:
  • Like 5

I have to admit, while I might not build myself a shelf, if I set up a display shelf I will very likely now need to print out beautiful backgrounds to put behind everything! 

You know, if you finish some of those half-painted pieces, you would have enough room on that pretty shelf to have some display pieces as inspiration.  :;):

• Like 9

For some reason when I look at that shelf I feel the urge to break out some old school side-scrolling games. ::):

It's a very nice shelf of shame; I just hope I never get to the point where I need a literal one.

• Like 5

Ohh!!! Ahh!!! ::o:

A tip of my hat to you sir!

It's like looking through a bunch of little windows into a miniature world.

Greatstuff! ::D:

• Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      So I salvaged this bit of 16×20 particle board from a broken picture frame. I'll be using some of my foam core to make a city square/crossroads board with my foam rollers. Something for city games that isn't too time consuming, but is also good for a wide spread of genres with the proper buildings and scatter
      The tough part will be steaming off the paper and cutting down the various bits for rolling.

• By MusicalFeline
      So, recently me, my dad, and my grandpa*, most of whom are excellent woodworkers (with the exception of me) made a collaborative effort at making me a new shelf for my minis, as my old one was just a board nailed into the wall. A pretty piece of scrap, but scrap none the less. 
      Continuing the trend, we used only scrapwood for this shelf. Thus, no cost, except for some stain (which I stole from my dad, so uh, no cost there either).

*My grandpa is no joke Santa Claus. A bit of a potbelly, big bushy white beard, glasses, likes cookies and milk, and get this - he makes toys.

Right now it's just sitting atop a bookshelf, but I may hang it up on the wall if I'm so inclined.

Doesn't look the prettiest, but not bad for being made solely of scrapwood!

It's also now a dishonor to me, as there are waaaay too many unpainted minis on that shelf. That will soon change, however... 

Note: We did put in an extra notch, as you see at the top. The boards that are the shelves get really stuck in that one, plus it leaves no room for my big minis, so I decided to leave that one vacant.
    • By SparrowMarie
      So my Husband needs a boat for his 4E campaign. It unfortunately cannot wait until Bones 5 delivers so I bought a paper craft boat from World Works Games. It's called The Maiden. It's HUGE. Photo from the website in spoiler. In the photo you can see a few minis placed on it for scale. 

Like I said HUGE. I've done some other paper craft boats before but nothing like this. I'll be using foamcore for the base of the decks but the rest of it is card stock, transparency paper, and Uhu glue(the glue stick not the liquid-y stuff). I'm not yet sure which figurehead and props I will be using. I may just make them all and let Husband decide what he wants/needs after that.

Thankfully, this thing comes with pretty detailed instructions so it shouldn't be...not sure hard is the word I want but it's the one I'm going to use. So it shouldn't be hard, it's just up to my skill to cut, glue, and (most importantly) follow directions. It will take lots of time though I am sure of that. 
    • By Talae
      I have 99 problems but a painted mini ain't one.

That sounded better in my head and I apologize for the unintentional grimacing I have caused.

I noticed by happenstance (while checking my BGstats challenges) that today marks 99 days until the end of the year. What better way to initiate a painting challenge? I am throwing down the gauntlet...for myself, I guess. I need to get some serious minis painted out of my collection.

Tonight I will spend making a quick foray into what minis I have that I think should be thrown into this seemingly impossible challenge. I will hopefully accomplish picking the first thing to paint...maybe even a pile of things to paint.

For the sake of this challenge, "mini" is going to be a vague guideline. Characters, NPCs, monsters, terrain, scatter, small, massive, etc. - it doesn't matter. I will paint a bunch of stuff. Some of it may even turn out looking alright...maybe.

Anyone crazy enough to join me?
    • By Inarah
      It's that time of year again.  Those of us in the US have a 3 day holiday weekend coming up (May 24-27) and I am challenging you all to join me in a massively multiplayer paint binge!   Everyone is welcome to join, even if you can only paint for one day. 

The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality. All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those new Bones,  old primed or half painted figures and get ready to finish them! 

Got an army to finish, need to move some half painted terrain off your desk, want to tackle that dragon for the big figure contest? This is the time.  All manufacturers are fair game. 

Prep and prime your figures now so they are all ready to go Saturday morning (or if you're taking a 4 day weekend, Friday morning). Have your camera ready to share photos.  Photos strongly encouraged! 

For this holiday there is a special extra challenge: paint a figure in memory of a lost friend, pet or loved one. Anything goes. 

Painting begins at 00:01 May 24 and ends 23:59 May 27, in your time zone.  

Those of you who video chat are welcome to set up channels.

Link to 2017 Challenge
      Link to 2016 Challenge

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)