Looks great Jay!

Next time try to get a bit more shading and highlighting on the base stones, like between them for shading and the tops/edges for highlighting (if I was doing it, I'd do this with dry brushing).

You are getting better and better every figure.

• Like 2

Yey, I got a mention!! I feel famous and all  :blush:

Soon you will start to think of the base as a separate mini, and then painting it will make more sense. 

You should fear the moment when you like the basing moment more than the actual mini, however  :devil:

• Like 4

Yey, I got a mention!! I feel famous and all  :blush:

Soon you will start to think of the base as a separate mini, and then painting it will make more sense. 

You should fear the moment when you like the basing moment more than the actual mini, however  :devil:

Glad you appreciated the mention Willen, you are a magnificent provider of information, and deserve recognition !

Thanks for the input ub3r_n3rd.  I'm still figuring out this basing thang !

I think my days of slicing up cork strips into 2 mm bits and gluing them with pins is over.

Oh.. for Willen..

Uhh.. your comment about the basing being more important than the figure..Thanks for the warning..

I felt that tug already !  ROFL.

Gonna control that one !

Thanks guy's, your input and support is precious to me !

Jay

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

An honorable man-at-arms, guarding the parapet!  Nice idea for the base, it reminds me of some of the photos you took in Norway.  ^_^

Right On Little Bluberry;

I was thinking of that 12th century tower I climbed up into.

I was almost numb as I stood there looking out that port.. 800 year old window.. who had stood there before me ????

Blew my mind !

:upside:

• Like 2

I like the switch to black armor! It reminds me of a historical fencer I used to know who kept his helmet painted black. It looked sharp in real life too but was hard to keep that way when he kept getting hit on the helmet!

I like that you built up this base more than the last one. I'm looking forward to seeing more bases completed!

• Like 2

An honorable man-at-arms, guarding the parapet!  Nice idea for the base, it reminds me of some of the photos you took in Norway.  ^_^

Right On Little Bluberry;

I was thinking of that 12th century tower I climbed up into.

I was almost numb as I stood there looking out that port.. 800 year old window.. who had stood there before me ????

Blew my mind !

:upside:

THAT is the best part for me, everywhere I go, especially Europe where everything has many centuries of history, and story. Who stood here before me? Who touched these stones? 

Amazing.

• Like 2

Nice work on this guy. My immediate thought was the opening scene of Hamlet.

Now that basing is coming along, how about some freehand heraldry for that shield? :P

I agree, basing is sometimes as much fun as the mini itself. I love making bases! Just restrain yourself from overpowering the figure with the base!

• Like 3

Nice work on this guy. My immediate thought was the opening scene of Hamlet.

Now that basing is coming along, how about some freehand heraldry for that shield? :P

I agree, basing is sometimes as much fun as the mini itself. I love making bases! Just restrain yourself from overpowering the figure with the base!

Sanael;

I thought about doing freehand on that shield; but the sheer smallness of it over-ruled my feeling of adventure.

I was thinking of duing a "Bend of Rue" (which is Queen Eliz II personal coat of arms), however, brushes were too dang big

to do in my thinking!

I'll try some freehand in the future though !

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ced1106
      I backed their previous Halfling Yeoman riding chickens 😁 so figured I'd give them a shoutout!

TAG - Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde.  28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures. Metal.

"Pledges at £85, and over will be upgraded to our, FREE WORLDWIDE shipping service."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chickstaterii/tag-gobudai-riders-of-the-shimmering-horde

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you mortals hanging from this Reaper coil!

So tonight is another Tom Meier miniature, from his Arthurian range, which is now once again available at Ral Partha Legacy, the Lady of the Lake.  I'm really starting to get into these figures even with their small sizes and petite little heads. These are true 25 mm figures.  Got a few more kind of schedule to work on in the near future as well:

and a close up of her face, which, with my new iPhone I can apparently get very close up:

and a back view:

The only bummer about this one was I made her what I thought was going to be a nice little base, because she doesn't come on a base.  You can either glue her to a small square metal base or create something.  So I did a base which had "water" at the edge.  After I got it done and it dried though, I tried to get her on it, and her cloak was so long and straight across, I couldn't get it to accommodate itself to the base in a flat way to make it look good.  So I just threw some putty on another base, let it dry, and then just painted if simple blues.

Her color scheme itself is some pretty monotone colors, lots of blues, with just the flowers in her hair to have some bursts of color. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper Hoppers and Poppers,

So I just finished this miniature, who is a pretty small one. She's Gwenyvere, from Tom Meier's Arthurian line at Thunderbolt Mountain, currently being produced by Ral Partha Legacy.

I just got a new iPhone, and I took the pictures with it.  I think the pictures came out really nicely, and have done an automatically good job on the exposure and all.  My concern is does the automization of the exposure make it any different than if I would have had to work a little bit with the exposure?

To give a comparison, here is how my camera turned out:

It's a lot darker.

Anyhoos, looking for photographic opinions. 

And to give you an idea of how small this figure it is, here she is in comparison to a US quarter:

• By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum Family, gonna show you my version of D'Vandra Lukesia, the metal one. I had hard time with her (but this is part of the fun, isn't?), so many tiny details and her face is sooo tiny 
      In any case I managed to paint her and I'm happy of she came out! 
      About the palette I chose the colors on the fly, started with the yellow skirt and simply add colors at the moment I needed to paint a detail, like the amaranth scarf, or the blue bag, the green vial, and so on.
      I hope you like her too :)

Hi-res pics

• By Mckenna35
      Short Kickstarter from Bad Squiddo games for female Soviet troopers for WWII gaming.  Thiis expands their existing range and adds troops clad for winter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-soviet-russia-28mm-miniatures

Story
      Hello! This is a Kickstarter to increase our existing WW2 Soviets range. Already massively popular since the first wave launch of 2016, we decided it needs reinforcements! The miniatures are sculpted and master cast, so this project is to cover the funds of production moulds and the initial casts.

BORING BUT IMPORTANT TECHNICALS - The miniatures are 28mm scale and cast in extremely high quality white metal. Everything is single piece where possible. They come without bases supplied but with moulded on small puddle  bases (easy to chop off if you wish to). And of course -   they are compatible with the similar male miniatures from other manufacturers. They are supplied unpainted - so you can either paint them yourself or simply bring out the detail with an ink wash.

Shipping is charged in addition to your pledge, AFTER THE CAMPAIGN, scroll to the bottom for more information. Please don't add the shipping cost during the campaign. EU Customers be aware of additional import fees, more on that later too.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)