ADW Ice Age Miniatures Kickstarter

Yeah, it could just be another Fairytale Games, which I also did not pledge for. I had concerns about their campaign (promising too much, no track record, no sculpts, two KS campaigns in a short amount of time without delivery, etc.) but they're doing fine, even if they're approaching the one-year mark, which might be longer than I'd like. I know if I *really* wanted these ice age sculpts, I would have taken the risk, like I did with Cthulhu Wars (which is also doing well). Hope you get to enjoy your terror birds!!!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I GOT IT! I got my chargeback. It's not the end of the line for me - I still plan on dogging these guy's footsteps - but it's a real weight off my back as a broke college student to have this refunded

I just confirmed with my credit card that Kickstarter/Amazon/ADW did not dispute the back charge on my $155 pledged to the Ice Age Mammals project within the time provided for a merchant to do so, so

ladystorm has altered the thread.  Pray she does not alter it further.

I threw in $15 to try this company out. I was unwilling to go any further than that for now.

This was me too.  For significant reasons I stayed out of getting any deeper.  However, I love the pictures they posted and I really really want them to succeed so I had to throw in.

• Like 1

I did $25, as I really loved both the mini-mammoth and the super-armadillo-whose-name-I-don't-remember. This is my first KS funded--I'm told my first should be a huge disappointment, so either I get a genuine KS experience or I get a good bunch of minis for pretty little, I guess.

• Like 3

I mean, if her team has *that* much experience, they'd at least develop a competent KS page. "The ADW Games' Doggerland Team is comprised of six 2D Artists, two 3D Designers, a Research Assistant, Writers, Copy Editors, Rendering Editor, Director of Merchandising and Brand Development, and an Operations Manager." However, I don't see sculpting or miniatures manufacturing experience there, nor an actual *company* that sells stuff. After Torn Armor, I'd like to see some of that.

From what I found, almost all of their experience is in video games and comic books. I stumbled across a couple of their artists on LinkedIn.

What worried me the most about this KS is the other two KS they plan on launching next month. It's poor enough form to launch a second KS before your first has been fulfilled, but two? Really?

Edited by Chrome
  • Like 2

I'll woof, but not because I'll be out 125... I got two of the kids I play with in on this, under the persuasive argument that if I bought a set, we'd have 4 chocobos, but if we all bought a set, and they got in at the 15$ level, I'd run some sort of chocobo-themed game...

If this crashes, I'll pay them back out of pocket, but I'll be disappointed to disappoint them...

The money I dropped on them is from cashing an IRA, so easy come, easy go. I won't stress.

I didn't get in on it for a variety of reasons I won't go into, but one was that I think they are underestimating the manufacturing process of the 'toys', as they had insisted on calling them previously. *shrug* so I dunno, there was just too much for me to want to deal with. But I will watch with interest and I do hope things go as smoothly as they are predicting

Also...two kick starters? 0.o yikes! I hope they aren't expecting their backers to back all of them in such a short span of time

• Like 5

I'll woof, but not because I'll be out 125... I got two of the kids I play with in on this, under the persuasive argument that if I bought a set, we'd have 4 chocobos, but if we all bought a set, and they got in at the 15$ level, I'd run some sort of chocobo-themed game...

If this crashes, I'll pay them back out of pocket, but I'll be disappointed to disappoint them...

The money I dropped on them is from cashing an IRA, so easy come, easy go. I won't stress.

my god I hope you are over 59 1/2.  I work in financial services, these sorts of statements give me heart palpitations. 

• Like 9

No, it's the scrap money from my college IRA. I make enough cash at my side job that a kickstarter every once and a while when I have some spare cash isn't worth stressing over...

I make sure I can cover books & COL expenses, and have enough cash on hand to pay for a train home and a stay in a hotel if my grandfather goes to the hospital again, and pay down my student loan interest on my unsubbed Stafford. Beyond that, my money is my own to risk for a few more short years before I have to get serious about it. I am an excellent budgeter, however I may joke...

• Like 3

I'd have loved to get some decent Ice Age critters, but staying out of this one was easy for me...

Firstly, the sculpts just aren't as good as I'd want... not a patch on, for example, the (sadly no longer available?) 1/48th Sean Cooper wooly rhino:

woollyrhino001.jpg

Secondly, and more importantly, I just couldn't back them after the project owners' appalling comments about the owners of Reaper, Reaper products and Reaper forum members. Frankly, after the way she acted, I'd never give a penny to any company she's associated with.

I hope it fulfills smoothly and the backers get the product they want, but for me, the company have tainted themselves.

• Like 15

Be the goat.

:;): Not trying to start anything, Dilvish, honestly - just my opinion, is all. I nearly posted the comments that were made, but decided that would be a bit too provocative...

That's OOP?

Shame...

Annoying, isn't it? Coop does a lot of amazing sculpts, but apart from that one they are all much larger pieces. Although it might be available again soon - it's now listed as 'Out of stock' rather than 'No longer available':

http://www.paleocraft.com/coelodonta.html

Oooh I love that wooly rhino! Rhinos are awesome anyways, I would love to have that. A great pose too

I love them! I've got a wooly rhino ulna on my mantelpiece... ^_^

• Like 4