ADW Ice Age Miniatures Kickstarter

pcktlnt

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have no horse in this fight.

But I do have a question: do cc chargebacks actually reach a KS creator? The charges are made by KS/Amazon, aren't they? At which point ks sends a lump sum to the project? Obviously my understanding of the process is rudimentary at best, but it seems like a creator like ADW has many layers of protection for their funds.

I don't know how kickstarter/amazon works, but with eBay/Paypal if you get a chargeback the bank goes after paypal who then goes after the seller.  So rather than being protection, it might result in the creator getting an increasingly larger dog on their tail.  As a general rule, nobody likes eating the cost so it tends to work its way back to the source.  But, again, I do not know how applicable that is here.

Well, I just found out that in addition to getting my money back from the KS, my bank refunded me an overdraft fee which I didn't realize was associated with it. Win!

I wonder if I can still report this though. It seems like I should, on behalf of the people who don't have a good bank. >.>

• Like 8

Do it. As someone who's worked in consumer protection, the more people who contact the authorities the better. It establishes a pattern of behavior. It also affects things like proceeding to an investigation (though I've never been involved in that aspect of things).

• Like 7

Yes.

Someone posted Amazon's policy on this a bit ago, but it basically was "Amazon covers in the case of fraud (stolen card, bad charge whatever), but if you screwed up (return/non-delivery/whatever), we charge you"

Just to clarify: is "you" in the above example the creator or the backer? I read it as creator, but it all depends on context.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By angelGPD
      Hi i just want to introduce you Marise Greyshroud Wraith Queen.

• By PhantomAquarist
      Had an hour to decide what I needed for the group. Decided to paint up a drowned zombie horde! :D

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1874304670/prism-dice-handmade-from-bulletproof-glass?ref=category_newest
    • By Godfather Punk
      Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game is a tile and miniature based survival horror game for 2-6 Players based on the classic movie.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/evil-dead-2-the-official-board-game

The officially licensed Evil Dead 2 Board Game is the tabletop experience Evil Dead 2 fans have been dying for--featuring at least 8 custom figures with art depicting the terrifying and iconic characters, monsters, and locales from the cult classic film. 2-6 players will work together in 60–90 minute sessions to gather pages of the Ex-Mortis while trying to survive demon attacks, supernatural events, and avoid turning into evil deadites themselves.

• By Cyradis
      A certain platypus managed to snag a Maiden Bust on my behalf.

I love the sculpt. The casting is... meh. Sorry Reaper, metal is working better for you than resin. The resin had funky tiny chunks on parts, edge of the hand and rose are odd, and lips are a little rough on the edges. Mostly rough edges. I cleaned what I could, and am using gloss varnish on other odd bits to smooth them, but I can't get it all. 

But in the slightly funky surface, I saw an opportunity. What if she wasn't quite a maiden? What if she was kinda... dead? Not all the way dead. Just becoming dead or undead, as if from a curse. And the rose is the only thing holding the curse at bay. 

So maybe Cyr is crazy. Maybe Cyr is going to paint something awesome. 

So far she has gray primer, dabs of gloss varnish, eyes, maiden flesh on one side, dusky flesh on the other, and a base coated rose. 

Her live area will be blonde. Her dead side will have "white" hair, and a blackish rose. 

The dusky skin and the vallejo nocturna white flesh are amazingly similar in tone, but very different in feel. Right now the difference is subtle, but as I shade it, the live side will get more rosy and warm, while the dead side will become more gaunt and sullen, like a starving vampire. 

At least... that's the plan. 

Think I can pull it off?