Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I finished another mini this week and hope you like him: Elladan Elven Ranger. His weapons were a bit bendy, so I replaced them. I also repositioned his arm.
I like how the cloak turned out, the face could be smoother, but his cheek bones seemed to be quite pronounced, so I went for more contrast and impact from a gaming distance.
I also got around taking a scenic shot. I still think my Smartphone can't replace a proper camera, but for now it must suffice.
I mentioned this in randomness. I've been building an urbanmech style grot bot as a present for a friend's birthday.
Since I won't be the one painting it, this is as done as my part gets.
This was the bot last night. The big gun is a Tau weapon, the legs are from an ambot, the other arm is a mix of random bits, and the body is a stack of bases and part of a TV mount.
Then this morning I added the Ork details.
A bunch of horns, a face, some more bits, and a lot of those triangles orks like.
And a back shot. You can see the exposed fuel tanks.
And a detail shot of the gun. Which I would like to point out has three different ammo feeds, none of which are correct for the weapon type.
My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea. She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything. This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics. Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done. The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle. Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.
I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base. The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area. Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.
But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.
Full frontal metal shiny.
And rotating around for those that want to look.
I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines. I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.
And that's it for my 2019 exchange. Next year I might even try to be on time.
Who's Online 25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)