Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

The Blue and Distant Sky

Recommended Posts

Kodo:

 

You look into the destroyed room. Four bodies lay on the floor, covered in blood and clearly dead, or at least too far gone to save. A man sits slumped by the door, face bloody but concious, and near the bar stands a young woman, looking unsteady on her feet.

 

"I got a wounded one here!  That medtech still here?!" you hear called from behind the counter; a man's voice.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonas picks himself up from prone to squatting, trying to remain covered by the boxes. He unclipped the chain from his shoulder and lays it out next to him (readying weapon) and tapa on his phone, trying to gather as much information about the radio signal as possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodo resigns himself to the fact he can do nothing to help at the moment and steps out of view.  No need to spook the others.  In the meantime he'll keep a watchful eye out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max moves quickly around the counter and towards the shouting man. "Lift your hands so I can inspect the wound."

/ooc What is the severity of the wound? Expertise roll (human physiology): 13 + 3 + 2 = 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodo:

Roll: Perception

Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+0
Total:19 <you guys are on fire!>

 

You fade into the shadows around the corner. Already, you can see a few heads poking out, now that the shooting is over - local residents, yes, and bystanders, but also more dangerous men, looking for what loot may be taken from those left vulnerable or dead in the wake of the violence. One man holds a heavy wrench in his hand, looking ready to finish off any survivors; two others, identical and lithe, with muscles like steel cables, hold a shotgun and a long knife respectively. All three wear gang colors, silver and red scarves at their belts, and on the back of wrench's denim jacket is stenciled a grinning, shark-toothed mouth surrounded by the words "Wayne St. Galvins". They eye the building, seeming content to wait until they're sure it's safe to enter... for the moment, anyways.

 

 

Jonas:

 

I put this in the OOC thread, too, but I'll C&P it here so we don't have to go back & forth to reference it:

 

The signal is coming in on channel 1483.6, within the 1452-1492Mhz band, one typically reserved for military use only. It's protected by a MALPe encryption - you can assume, based on these facts, that the men in the van were either Upmarket military or piggybacking on a military channel, or had stolen gear from Upmarket soldiers prior to this hit. Between 300Mhz and 3Ghz are UHF frequency - short wave radios and line-of-sight equipment - so unless there was a relay, it can be assumed that the gunmen had limited radio contact outside their group; anyone you overheard must have been within a block or two of the van. You can set your phone to monitor and record along this channel; however, radios can be switched among channels easily, and there's no guarantee that you'll pick up the same group twice; you'll also have to be fairly close to receive, within 2-3 blocks.

 

Also, it's a felony to unencrypt, monitor, or record military-exclusive channels, but I doubt you'd care about that. That said, you do have a recording of the events within the cantina via radio - and you're still in the fridge, too.

 

 

Max:

You quickly but carefully examine the wound on Laakiim's shoulder. It's pretty bad - a wide, broad stretch of skin and muscle torn open, and most likely damage to the tendon and bone, too, judging by the size of the gun. There are three bullet holes, total. You could probably stabilize her with your first-aid kit, but anything beyond that will require a equipped surgery and at least someone else capable to assist - fixing this long-term will require removing the bone shards and bullet fragments, reassembling the muscle and skin as well as possible, and then a long wait...

 

More pressingly, it looks likely that the woman is going into shock. Her skin is pale and slightly clammy, dampened with a thin sheen of sweat, and she trembles slightly when you touch her hand, the slight pressure of your hands leaving pale bruises that linger too long on the skin - all indicative of hypovolemia, when you take into account the veritable pool of blood on the ground around her. She is conscious, however; as you lean down to check her breathing (too fast, far too fast), she struggles to grab your hand with her uninjured one.

 

"We have to go... now." Her voice is barely more than a rasp, eyes glazed with confusion, but it has an edge of terror to it, and panic. "Please..."

 

You can't be sure if it's safe to move her; she needs more medical care than you can provide, and there doesn't seem to have been any sort of craniospinal injury, but any wound with this much blood loss is worthy of serious concern. Certainly, it's not a task for two people, not unless you absolutely have to...

 

 

IE very.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dex stashes his Savoy and picks up the shotgun.  Remembering that at least one of the other customers pulled a piece, he goes to see what else he can retrieve.  If those guys came back to finish the job, he would need all of the fire power he could get.  It might not do much good, but he planned to go down swinging.  At that thought, he turns back to Max.

 

"We're gonna have to get out of here.  Those guys might be coming back if they realize they didn't finish the job.  And I'm sure that this firefight has drawn some attention.  They always do." he said rubbing a scar on this forearm.

 

"Hey bud," he says as he turns to the fellow who was butt-stroked.  "You gonna be ok?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodo scales the side of the building, crosses the street on the wires, then descends behind the suspicious strangers very quietly.  As he closes he whips out his shotgun and puts it to the head of the closest stranger and clears his throat,

 

CLIMB CHECKS = d20+STR+Climb [d20+1+1]
Climb Up: 9
Climb Down: 13

Intimidate (d20+Presence+Charisma) [d20+0+2]
5+0+2 = 7

 

"Who are you and why did you destroy my favorite cafe?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a nice place, full of flowers and trees and... Wait that's not right... Ugh, who's playing those drums and why are they so loud? Slowly the trees and flowers dissolve and the cafe or at least what's left of it comes into fuzzy view. The drums are still pounding away though and someone is asking questions, Can't figure out the answers though...

 

Once his head clears, he realises someone is asking him if he's ok... "Yes yes I think so, the trees were quite lovely though could someone turn down that music?"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodo:

 

You move over the rooftops with ease, if perhaps a bit less gracefully than you otherwise might, dropping down lightly behind the wrench-wielding man. As you speak, all three men turn around, the one with the knife dropping into a low crounch while the man with the shotgun levels it at you. Wrench hesitates a moment before letting the weapon drop to his side to swing easy at his belt. Raising his hands, still slowly, he places them on the back of his head.

 

"Woah, woah, woah, man, who the elf'r you?" His voice is steady, not panicked or raised, as if trying to calm you down. "I didn't have anything to do with that, man. Just going to see what's up, y'know? No need for anything crazy..."

 

"Boss..." Shotgun hesitates when he hushes him.

 

"Shut up, Kent; if you get me shot again..." The words hang in the silence as Wrench watches you, unmoving, his companions shifting nervously beside him.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Damnit damnit damnit. Someone get a medical response team here now! We have one still alive!" Shouts Max and then she points at Dex. "She's going into shock, bring me something to cover her with."

 

She leans in closer to Laakiim to get her to keep talking, "Where do we have to go? Why?"

 

/ooc, In the medikit, would I have anything to slow down her heart rate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max:

ooc:

You could sedate her, yes... but you might want to take care of the bullet holes, first, since she's currently bleeding out. The heart-rate isn't that dangerous, ATM.

 

And yeah, your medkit has all sorts of things in it. Anything commonly used by EMTs that doesn't involve a machine. So painkillers, sedatives, bandages, T-cloths, ect. as well as all sorts of stuff like asprin, iodine pills for rad exposure, ibuprofin, antibiotics, ect.

 

BTW, I like to write out complicated injury descriptions because I think they sound cool, but you don't have to be as specific if you don't want to be. You can just say stuff like "I begin bandaging her wounds" or something if you want to, although I don't mind either way :D

 

 

"Out..." Laakiim groans, shoulders tensing as she struggles to rise, eyes still clouded by pain and confusion. "Send a team... they'll send a team to clean up. Kill me... you too... if you're here." She falls back with a gasp of pain, good arm swinging across her chest to squeeze tight against her shoulder. "stuff..." she chokes out again, as warm blood coats her fingers. "stuff... No-one's gonna... come. Get..." She seems too pained to go on, though, and slumps down in your arms.

 

 

Kodo:

"How the hell should I know, man? All I know is they've been sitting out here all day. We were watching them, see. elf always flies when those Upmarket bastards are floating around... You gonna shoot me, roofer?" The man grins at you, hands high. "Ain't no sin in making a living, man..."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dex looks around for something to cover Laakiim with.  At the call for a medical response team, he quickly shakes his head in the negative. 

 

"Those guys that did this are bound to be monitoring the scanners.  We do that and they'll be right back.  We get her out of here there may be a chance.  I'm a U-done (universal doner), if she lasts that long, you can get some blood back into her."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Kodo nods in acknowledgement at the strangers last comment. He certianly wasn't one to judge a man for getting paid to do dirty work. Slowly Kodo puts his weapon away and backs up a couple steps towards his exit wall, "Fair enough. If you didn't have a hand in that mess I have no quarrel with you."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...