Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

The Blue and Distant Sky

Recommended Posts

Dex:

Your search for a cloth takes you out of the destroyed dining area and into the kitchen. Food still sits, half-prepared, on the counter, and the smell of burnt grease and smudge fills the air.

 

 

Jonas:

From where you sit in the fridge, you can hear someone come into the kitchen, rifling around in the cabinets and shuffling the pots and pans as if searching for something.

 

 

Kodo:

"Hey, man - you got friends in there? Might want to get a move on. stuff like this 's a smash-n-grab - if you're not in and out quick, the lion'll come back, and gobble all us poor old vultures up. If you catch my drift." The man grins at you. Swinging his hand down to his belt, he grabs his radio. "You can drop the bead, sweet elf, he's not gonna vent me."

 

Above you, you hear a clatter on the tin roof as a woman rises from the gutter. "Gotta get a move on, Danny. I hear bikes," she calls down to the man on the street, who raises his hand in a casual wave of acknowledgement. She's wearing a loose red shirt and tan pants, and the gun in her hands looks older than either of you - a sniper's rifle. On her face are four long scars, one trailing down beneath each eye and two across the forehead, long and short - markings common to roofers from the French Street clan who have reached adulthood and mastered the use of a longgun.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Dex:

Your search for a cloth takes you out of the destroyed dining area and into the kitchen. Food still sits, half-prepared, on the counter, and the smell of burnt grease and smudge fills the air.

 

 

Jonas:

From where you sit in the fridge, you can hear someone come into the kitchen, rifling around in the cabinets and shuffling the pots and pans as if searching for something.

 

 

Kodo:

"Hey, man - you got friends in there? Might want to get a move on. stuff like this 's a smash-n-grab - if you're not in and out quick, the lion'll come back, and gobble all us poor old vultures up. If you catch my drift." The man grins at you. Swinging his hand down to his belt, he grabs his radio. "You can drop the bead, sweet elf, he's not gonna vent me."

 

Above you, you hear a clatter on the tin roof as a woman rises from the gutter. "Gotta get a move on, Danny. I hear bikes," she calls down to the man on the street, who raises his hand in a casual wave of acknowledgement. She's wearing a loose red shirt and tan pants, and the gun in her hands looks older than either of you - a sniper's rifle. On her face are four long scars, one trailing down beneath each eye and two across the forehead, long and short - markings common to roofers from the French Street clan who have reached adulthood and mastered the use of a longgun.

 

Now THAT is a sexy firearm!  Kodo's right eyebrow lifts in intrigue as he stifles a geniune "Oh Myyyyyy".  Instead he puts his weapon completely away and makes his way back across the street.  As he passes the odd strangers he takes a mental inventory of what they look like, what they're wearing, their weapons, and what they call each other.

 

 

 

Kodo comes into visual range of those guarding broken entrance of the cafe.   He slows and puts his hands up, "I'm a regular," he calls out calmly, "I saw the whole thing from across the street.  Bikes are approaching, probably to finish the job.  I think we should collect the wounded and get the hell out of here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max quickly takes off her backpack and props Laakiim up against the cabinets. Using her trauma shears, she removes portions of cloth surrounding the wounds and pours iodine onto a clean cloth and starts dabbing at the entry wounds. Inspecting Laakiim's back, she checks for exit wounds, and steadily takes care of those as well. She applies clean gauze to all wounds and secures them with adhesive tape.

 

"Ugh, this is going to work for the time being, but I need to get her to the clinic. The ADD (automated doctoring device) will help with her wounds."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodo steps into the wreckage and glances at Laakiim as he enters the kitchen.  He grabs a small metal ladle (or equivalent) and heats the end of it up over the stove until it just begins to turn red...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

no; she'll remain stable unless something happens to her to adversely affect her. Be careful transporting her, and she shouldn't be too risky to move... just don't drop her. And remember: she's still conscious. Girot. -,-

 

 

Jonas:

As you sit in the fridge, getting progressively colder, you hear the sound of a voice in the other room - "I'm a regular; I saw the whole thing from across the street.  Bikes are approaching, probably to finish the job.  I think we should collect the wounded and get the hell out of here." - and a woman's reply - "Ugh, this is going to work for the time being, but I need to get her to the clinic. The ADD will help with her wounds.". Moments later, you here a clanking sound from within the kitchen, and then a hiss from the gaspipes above as propane flows through them - someone's turned on one of the stoves, or at least the gas to one...

 

 

Max:

A stranger steps in as you finish bandaging Laakiim, who groans in pain but doesn't speak as you mention bringing her to the clinic. As you work, the stranger introduces himself as a regular and warns that you should leave as soon as possible before stepping past you to enter the kitchen.

 

 

Kodo:

The kitchen isn't badly destroyed, though it is empty. As you heat the ladle, your thoughts turn to the staff of the cantina... Laakiim is wounded behind the counter, and Shep and Rucard both lie huddled just outside the kitchen, clearly dead... One of your friends, a young computer hacker, started working here a few days ago, though. Perhaps he wasn't here at the time? You certainly can't see him in this room, which is fairly open - a walk-in refrigerator on one side, and the rest surrounded by shelves, cabinets, countertops, and stoves, with a wide island in the center of the room... However, there is another man in the kitchen, who startles you as he rises from behind the island, a red tablecloth in his hands.

 

 

Dex:

As you search for a blanket, the medic begins to bandage the bartender; she works with steady precision that indicates training with injured patients. A few minutes pass, and you manage to scrounge up a clean linen tablecloth that should be suitable for your purposes; in the other room, you can hear voices. As you rise from behind the island, you see another man has entered the kitchen, and is currently heating a ladle up at the stove...

 

 

Sim:

By this point, your head is mostly clear, only a faint ringing headache remaining of your injury. The man who spoke to you moments ago has wandered off, and another has entered the cantina - he speaks briefly with someone out of sight behind the bar before heading into the kitchen, saying that you should all leave and that men on motorbikes are headed your way. The person behind the bar replies - a woman's voice - and there is urgency in her tone as she talks about heading to a clinic and a seriously wounded patient...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dex is startled by the appearance of the stranger.  His first thought is that a member of the kill team has returned.  He quickly notes the roof-runners markings and relaxes before he gets the shotgun raised up.

 

"Hi.  Mind giving me a hand turning this thing into a makeshift stretcher?" he says, waving the tablecloth for emphasis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kodo's head snaps from the stranger with the tablecloth to the opening door.  He nods to Jonas in greeting then inspects the color of the ladle, satisfied it is now hot enough to cauterize.  He steps back around the counter and hands the ladle to the medic, "we need to move now.  Seal those holes and get him to his feet."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...