That looks great! Very nice and unique choice of colours.

I'm surprised though, that you were able to get close enough to paint it without having your brushes ferrule rusted.

::):

Haha, I wish I could double-like this post!!!!!

• Like 1

I like your loose brushwork.  Its almost impressionistic and captures a light and livelyness that is tough to get in miniature.  I enjoy the colors.  The only thing I wish for is a setting to give it a context.  basing is just as important as the figure itself but I can understand that often for gaming purposes this is better.

• Like 2

Very cool. I like how you worked the little details, like the purple ridges, instead of just a wash and dry-brush job. It takes it to the next level. Nice work!

• Like 1

I'm catching up on the forums this afternoon, and was delighted to see this all finished up! I love how the colors turned out. I know how it is with the first mini back after a hiatus - ol' rusty here is an appropriate choice to start off with :) Nice job, glad to see you back at it!

• Like 3

...now that is a bug of a different color.

Never would have thought to do that myself. VERY impressive, and very DIFFERENT!

Next question: is your next party of dungeon adventurers going to recognize it as a rust monster, or are they going to think of it as some sort of giant locust?

• Like 1

Haha, I always tell my players to keep their guard up b/c I love to throw non-typical stuff their way.  :;):