Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

The Blue and Distant Sky - OOC Thread

Hey guys! So I have my accounting final tonight - I'm studying atm, so I probably won't post tonight. Tommorrow, however, I'm hopping a Greyhound to Cape Cod - it's about a 8-hour trip, but the busses have wi-fi, so I'll be around then and make sure to put up an IC post. If you haven't posted IC already, or since I put up the second post IC, please try to get one in so I have something to work with!

See ya

ARvY

• Like 2

I was worried they had turned you into fish sticks. . .

For reference I imagine Jonas' arm band/cell phone looking like a combination of these two. 

sport-fitness-high-quality-apple-iphone-

wpbp1jan2009.jpg

• Like 1

@fishandjeeps - looks good!

@pcktlnt - The red text is something that you, in character, would know as a resident of the Undercity, either from news coverage or hearing about it through the grapevine. Actually, you can all read that - it's recent enough that you would all know.

@Sim - I'm assuming you didn't have a particular traumatic event, since you didn't go into detail, so I made one up. If you've got one, let me know, and I'll scrap that and you can stick yours in! If you do want to stick with this one, roll me an Attentiveness check to see how much you noticed about the woman at the time, and an Info-Gathering check to see how much you've been able to learn about her in the following years, if you've looked for information...

And to answer the questions about languages: in Norram, everyone speaks English; since there is no emigration between cities, except in exceedingly rare circumstances, chances are that you will never meet someone who cannot speak it within Norram, although whether they will speak it to you another question. Most families pass down their ancestral languages, in the hope that they won't be forgotten. Spanish, Portugese, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Navajo and French are all fairly widespread amongst people of those ethnicities; almost all other modern languages are represented, but by smaller portions of the population.

Other cities, obviously, have different mixes.

• Like 1

@fishandjeeps - looks good! I forgot what I asked...

@pcktlnt - The red text is something that you, in character, would know as a resident of the Undercity, either from news coverage or hearing about it through the grapevine. Actually, you can all read that - it's recent enough that you would all know.

@Sim - I'm assuming you didn't have a particular traumatic event, since you didn't go into detail, so I made one up. If you've got one, let me know, and I'll scrap that and you can stick yours in! If you do want to stick with this one, roll me an Attentiveness check to see how much you noticed about the woman at the time, and an Info-Gathering check to see how much you've been able to learn about her in the following years, if you've looked for information...  I did have something in mind. Very similar to what was posted, but instead of just surviving and being sent home,  I was taken and forced to work for an underground buisness. Once my aptitude for numbers was found out, I was made to work the books behind the scenes. (Hence my Merchant class was formed there). I worked my way up through the ranks until I could slip out with noone the wiser. I've been free for about a year now and noone has yet come after me, yet...

Hopefully that explains why i'm a merchant with no buisness at the moment...

@fishnjeeps - sounds good! Anything that happens after that is up to you, of course - as a kid on the streets, one with no family or close contacts, there's a good chance you'd've been "recruited", either willingly or otherwise, by a gang; hell, you could've even been scooped up by one before leaving the police station, if you want. Not the same one that had the hit on your father, though, if you don't already have your heart set? I have... ideas.

@Dilvish - that would be great! If you guys have any backstory stuff, feel free to ship it over - I'm keeping a whole list of character-related plot threads to explore...

Not really set on a specific gang, just that I was kidnapped and thrown into a van and my forced work withing the gang led to my merchant skills. Knowing I had no where to go, I stayed on and stayed loyal and worked my way up. I could even have come from a different town and am hiding in this one. Feel free to play with it some. I was really using it as a hidden past that explains my skillset.

EDIT: If you still need a roll, I'll have to do so after work, don't have my dice with me. Just let me know if it still applies.

Edited by fishnjeeps