Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

The Blue and Distant Sky - OOC Thread

Medikit + defibrillator is $110 + $100 = $210? Then I cannot afford it.

Thus, the flat backpack she adjusts on her back is just something she takes in and out of work which carries notes and paperwork.

Dex roll: 15 + 2 = 17. Should I be putting screenshots of my roll or would I be fine just saying the numbers?

dexroll.png

Ve-rrr-y nice. Keep track of that - it's your place in initiative, too.

And just C&P the roll block, please. Like so:

Roll(1d20)+2:
4,+2
Total:6

And yeah, a defibirillator's a bit expensive. You can get one in a bit, though! But think of all the things you could do...

Rolled a 20 +0 dex. 

EDIT: I am leaving tomorrow (Sunday) morning to a trip to dallas so I won't be able to roll at all (might not even be able to check this until Monday at the earliest). Any rolls needed to be made by Sim should be done by Aard for now. The latest I could be is Thursday when I should be back home but I should be at least able to check in once a day at night. Sorry.

Edited by fishnjeeps
  • Like 2

So this is my first time playing PbP but it seems that we're a bit cut out of the action. My reward for rolling decent on a listen check and then initiative is I loose half my gear and almost get taken out by a grenade with no chance to act? I'll admit that I haven't been much of posting but I feel like I've kinda been the loud one so I didn't want to overwhelm people. 

If I rolled a good initiative and beat the "bad guys" would have been to call out some kind of warning to the diner in general and then take cover. At the very least I would think I wouldn't have been so flat footed that one of the cooks had to cover me. Granted it makes a good story, but its more a result of why I wasn't splattered against the wall for rolling a 1. If this is the decent outcome I'd hate to see what a bad one is...

I did say that I was already hiding behind the dishwasher so to me that should grant cover from shrapnel. Yeah I'll take that my ear drums are busted and the world is spinning. 

Anyway, If we're going to be in situations where you need our input to move on, could you let us know the exact situation and a deadline before you lay out the outcome?

• Like 1

Oh, no -this is what will play out if you don't do something. You can act however you like, and I'll change the scene to reflect it - I just needed to establish what will happen if you just sit there, so you know what's going on. And the phone still works! It's just a bit chuffed on the screen - not even a roll to fix, you'd just need a minute or two.

This bit is more... an introduction, if you will. Think of it like a cutscene at the start of a video game - I just need to establish a few things, but after this little bit is done, everything will be left up to you.

I haven't done one of these in a good while, so I'm trying to get back in the swing of things too - please bare with, and let me know if there's something you think I should change!

• Like 1

I seem to have missed something... ?  where exactly is the "action" taking place?

Currently taking place in the other thread.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/55533-the-blue-and-distant-sky/page-2#entry920115

That's the action scene, some of us have a chance to react before/after shooting. Dilvish and yourself can react after the shooting. From what I understand, if you do not reply to the action scene, that's how the event will play out. If you do reply, you get to influence the scene and Aard will readjust accordingly.

Holy crap this started a month ago??

EDIT:  Getting caught up now.  I'll format my first entry to accommodate an introduction and response to the first action sequence.

Edited by Girot