Sign in to follow this  
mangochutnee

Cailly, Exalted of Sarenrae

Very nice.  Good use of bold color without overdoing it, and I like the metallic armor you did. 

Where did you source the scimitar and shield? I didn't see a reference in the post and wish to do something similar with a male cleric but nothing in my bits bin looks so good as the scimitar you used!

Thanks!

Very nice! Great color scheme and the blue really complements the warm colors on the rest of her.  I like the grass/flowers you put on the base.  Provides good composition for tying the mini and base together. But the gravel and middle greenery seem disconnected. I think it's because they are so sharply divided.  Sometimes I like to lightly wash all the different parts of a base with an earth color when I use different materials next to each other. And/or try to make the transition between materials more gradual.

Where did you source the scimitar and shield?

Shield can be found either in the Warlord Crusaders faction weapon sprue (metal), or cut off a Garrick the Bold (Bones). Don't know about the sword.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I already replied to madpandadad via private message, but the scimitar can be found in Weapons Pack IV and the shield in Crusader Weapons (both conversion packs can be purchased on Reaper's site).

Very nice! Great color scheme and the blue really complements the warm colors on the rest of her.  I like the grass/flowers you put on the base.  Provides good composition for tying the mini and base together. But the gravel and middle greenery seem disconnected. I think it's because they are so sharply divided.  Sometimes I like to lightly wash all the different parts of a base with an earth color when I use different materials next to each other. And/or try to make the transition between materials more gradual.

I didn't explain my thought process on the base - it's actually snow, not gravel. Because she is a priestess of the goddess of the sun, flame, and redemption, I wanted to show how her steps melted the unnatural snow and brought forth Spring (hence the flowers). You do make a good point that the areas don't seem very integrated; I probably could have done more snow scatter across the greenery.

I didn't explain my thought process on the base - it's actually snow, not gravel. Because she is a priestess of the goddess of the sun, flame, and redemption, I wanted to show how her steps melted the unnatural snow and brought forth Spring (hence the flowers). You do make a good point that the areas don't seem very integrated; I probably could have done more snow scatter across the greenery.

That's a very cool idea about the melting snow. I'm not sure how you could portray it, but it seems like you need to show water running off to convey the whole melting aspect.