2014 Reaper League Fantasy Football

styates

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent messages from ESPN to the unreported players last night telling them that they had 4 hours left. I guess I can send a courtesy extension until noon today, but everyone was told that it was a HARD deadline from the start. Otherwise it's not fair to those of us that are trying to plan and strategize prior to draft day.

As one of the late posters, I would have had no problems with either a total roster dump, or something.  If you do a roster dump, and bank their points though that creates a possible huge advantage in the future with all those extra points they get to spread out over the future years.

I think a fair alternative is to spend their points.  They pay for their most expensive player, and then their second most expensive player etc, until all 8 points are spent.  If they came in with banked points, they get carried over.

Just think, next year, the people with a roster dump and banked points are now going to have 16+ points to spend on keepers.  All their players will now be one point.  They can keep entire rosters of starters.  Yeah, they may not hit on every position in the draft, but it's a huge competitive advantage to have all those extra points for their one or two future all stars.

I have to think about dropping Brees every year going forward because of his cost.  They won't have to, for YEARS now.

Just think, next year, the people with a roster dump and banked points are now going to have 16+ points to spend on keepers.  All their players will now be one point.  They can keep entire rosters of starters.  Yeah, they may not hit on every position in the draft, but it's a huge competitive advantage to have all those extra points for their one or two future all stars.

I have to think about dropping Brees every year going forward because of his cost.  They won't have to, for YEARS now.

Okay, I have to agree as I think that through.

Ok. Time has come and gone with no response. I guess we just go with it as is. First post in the thread is now official. I'll cut their bank points from these keepers in half.

Strike that. If you want to, you can do that by choice anyway, so why shouldn't they just bank their points as if they didn't want any keepers??

Edited by styates

There should be some penalty for non-compliance, they get 4 points banked, plus any carryover from the previous season :poke:

As one of the late people that cut in under the radar, I would have accepted that penalty.

But since this is last minute decision making, whatever you go with is fine, but maybe we should definitely make a fixed rule, with penalties for future seasons.

Maybe Cut day.  No extensions without pre-approval from league manager, unapproved delays, penalties apply.

Final cut day.  No extensions, period, penalties apply.

We discuss penalties, etc this season, during off season.

• Like 1

Brian isn't going to keep Rodgers, he's going to drop him and draft him the first round.

Thats the advice I gave him. I mean I figured he'd do that anyways. Way to keep a high gb & reset your pts on him.

Ill try & get ahold of him today.

Also how did I get the banked pt? I used up all 8 + the 1 I had last year? If I have a pt left I'd like to use it if I can.