TaleSpinner

Weight Loss Support Thread

I started with three to “form a habit” since I normally try to do too much at once, then get overwhelmed and stop.

It seems to be sticking this time which is great! 

• Like 6

Just now, Bathory said:

I started with three to “form a habit” since I normally try to do too much at once, then get overwhelmed and stop.

It's a great way to do it, yep, and those are some fine muscles.  You need the rest days starting out or you'll wear out quick.  When three days a week doesn't cause much soreness anymore then that'll be about when you'll want to do more days.  That'll make you sore for a bit since it's more frequent but you should get used to it quickly and by then it'll be such a regular thing you'll barely remember not doing it. 

And then I'm going to trick you into helping me move and lifting heavy things. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, Bathory said:

Very cool!

Now keep in mind, you will feel better and get healthier.

You won't lose weight much, fat will be burned, but it will be replaced with muscles.

So you might weigh about the same but will be in better shape and health.

Good luck!

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, buglips*the*goblin said:

It's a great way to do it, yep, and those are some fine muscles.  You need the rest days starting out or you'll wear out quick.  When three days a week doesn't cause much soreness anymore then that'll be about when you'll want to do more days.  That'll make you sore for a bit since it's more frequent but you should get used to it quickly and by then it'll be such a regular thing you'll barely remember not doing it. 

And then I'm going to trick you into helping me move and lifting heavy things. 

From experience, my worst muscle pains were the day after I tried a *new* exercise.

Once you get used, unless you keep raising your weight limit, you'll only feel the burn during the exercise, and not the after effects.

I recall personal trainers saying to switch to new exercises every 8 weeks (assuming regular gym visits).

• Like 3

I have tried the intermittend fasting method for a week now.

And of course limiting snacks.

I started out at 82.2 KG.

Now after one week 81.4 KG.

So I lost 800 gram in one week.

No to see if it keeps working like that.

Next update, next week.

• Like 2

Week 2 of this intermittend fasting thing.

Another 800 grams gone!

Now at 80,6 kg!

My girl joined in and lost 1kg in her first week.

Will update next week.

So far it seems to work without much effort.

• Like 4

Not "fasting", here but limiting the bedtime and evening snacks.  Also cut back on fancy coffee drinks. Was enjoying them too much during the summer weather.  If I get one now it is without the sugar/syrup and no whipped cream. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Not "fasting", here but limiting the bedtime and evening snacks.  Also cut back on fancy coffee drinks. Was enjoying them too much during the summer weather.  If I get one now it is without the sugar/syrup and no whipped cream. 

If you still crave the sweet, stevia might be an option. It is my mom's go-to for zero calorie sweeteners. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 12:35 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Week 2 of this intermittend fasting thing.

Another 800 grams gone!

Now at 80,6 kg!

My girl joined in and lost 1kg in her first week.

Will update next week.

So far it seems to work without much effort.

Right!

There were some birthday's and cakes so I went up again to 81,4kg.

Then I took it seriously again and am now at 80,5 kg.

Slow is fine with me.

As long as it works.

• Like 1

I thought I'd seen this thread bouncing around since I joined the forum, though it looks like I've never visited it.  But today I am off work and can't go bragging to any co-workers so my internet pals get to listen instead.  Way back in January my slightly after New Years goal became to lose 50 lbs over the rest of the year.  This was chosen because a) it's a nice number, b) it falls into the healthy 1-2lbs/week range for sustained weight loss, and c) it's not like I had 100 to lose.  As you're probably guessing already having made it this far, I hit the 50lb mark today after losing about 1lb/week all year.  So yay me. :bday:

Anyway, hopefully those that have posted in the previous 140 pages have had success as well.

• Like 7

I've lost about 20 lbs this year.  Which isn't a huge amount, but it reverses several years of weight gain due to poor health, so I'm pretty proud of myself.  I've even managed to start a weekly mini-workout with my teenaged daughter, which benefits both of us.  Hoping to lose another 20 lbs this coming year!  

• Like 5

I'm 6 days into some sort of 30 day planking challenge. Oof. I can see why planking is actual exercise even tho it just looks like a pause in a pushup.

I have doubled the time I can hold position. Now I just need to double that 6 more times by New Year's.

• Like 6

Well, I've started my own journey to losing weight, signing up with Weight Watchers and paying more attention to what I eat.

This would be easier if food didn't taste so good.

• Like 6

New year, new round, new chances.

We will pick up the weapons and fight against the surplus Kilos again!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Fiala said:

Well, I've started my own journey to losing weight, signing up with Weight Watchers and paying more attention to what I eat.

This would be easier if food didn't taste so good.

I’ll be back on Weight Watchers tracking a week from Monday.  I stopped over the holidays, and I now want to eat properly for a couple of weeks before I step on a scale...

• Like 1