Weight Loss Support Thread

On 5/1/2019 at 12:28 PM, NebulousMissy said:

Well, I'm only down 12 pounds since February.

But! I'm no longer wearing the size 16 pants. I now fit into the size 12 pants. Not well, to be fair, but well enough to wear them to work.

Good for you!

I'm at the point where I've lost more than 30 pounds, and I'm coming up on having lost 10% of my starting weight, which is an important milestone.

• Like 6
  • 4 months later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, after some searching, the last time we did a weight loss support thread was over five years ago.  It didn't seem to make sense to threadomancy that since it is long out of date.  Anyway, I need to

/blows away the dust   So things have happened, jobs were gained and lost, houses moved into and new awesome jobs were gained. Diets failed and exercising failures but something happened.   My ne

welp.   I've done it.   I've lost 50 pounds. 22.7 kilos. All of the weight I gained while on meds for 7 years. It's gone. I'm back down to my college weight.   Not entire

Posted Images

So I got back on the weight loss train this summer.  Amazing how a pending heart operation helps keep that motivation.  I have lost 10 lbs in 11 weeks, pretty happy with that.  I am tracking calories using MyFitnessPal.

My IBS is actually helping me now, I have internalized that wheat and I don't get along.  I am able to walk past trays of cookies and other treats at work and not even have any desire to eat any.

Last few days I have even had to add calories in the evening to keep my calorie intake high enough.  I do not want my body to go into starvation mode, because it can be years before your metabolism gets back to normal if that happens.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Citrine said:

So I got back on the weight loss train this summer.  Amazing how a pending heart operation helps keep that motivation.  I have lost 10 lbs in 11 weeks, pretty happy with that.  I am tracking calories using MyFitnessPal.

Good for you!  It's hard work, but it's important work. 

I've lost more than 50 pounds now, which is good.

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...

Ugh!!! I decided that it was finally time to try to attempt to get back into shape, as I've gained about 75 lbs (and a couple of pant sizes) over the past 7 years since my wife passed away and have been basically lazy  since (though a back surgery and other spine related problems haven't help in that regards).  So this morning in an attempt to start off light, I started a calisthenics  program using the Workout Trainer app. I managed to make it half way through the 30 minute session before my body gave up. I knew I was out of shape, but I didn't realize it was that bad. This morning's workout concentrated on the lower body. 

I'm now trying to do some cleaning around the house to get ready for game tonight and my legs are rebelling.

Here's hoping I can maintain some motivation to keep going since the local gyms that I have reached out to to try to schedule some type of consultation haven't responded, which means I'm primarily doing this on my own and I have never been known for having a lot of self-motivation.

Wish me luck guys.

• Like 5

Well, I gained 15 pounds this year and had a talk with my doctor, who said that was normal for women at my age. Ugh. Sigh.  I'm still going to the gym and dance class weekly.  Sadly, still in better shape than most people I know. 

@TripleH, starting is the hardest part.  30 minutes is a good session.  

• Like 4

Welp.

I have gained back 10 of the 15 pounds I lost this year. Gained them back due to abdominal surgery. At least I'm now cleared for some old lady exercises. I can life weights to work my arms (2 pound weights only) and I can do all the mall-walking I can handle. Water aerobics are still banned.

But! In getting this surgery I am now off of the medication that gained me 50 pounds over 7 years. Given the average weight gain per the PDR is 10 pounds per year, 50 pounds put me below average for weight gain :\

Should make losing weight easier. I plateaued in late April after losing 15 pounds and no amount of diet or exercise would get me past that. Maybe now that I'm not on those meds I can stall less hard.

• Like 7

Feh.

The resurgent diet lasted all of two days.:ik_oops:  The wife sabotaged me the other night, and I just didn't have there wherewithal today.  Will try again Sunday (granddaughters' birthday party tomorrow).  No need to go crazy, but cake and ice cream are not part of the diet.

• Like 1

Woot, at weight in this morning the scale said 249 pounds!! Which puts me at 19 pounds lost since May, and 26 pounds lost since Christmas last year.  This is after a 4 day business trip, I am pretty proud to not have gained any during that.  Thought I did get a lot more exercise than expected there, the visitor entrance was a really long ways from the conference room. I had more than 6000 steps each day, one day I even hit 10000.  My heart had not quite recovered from surgery I found out, it complained by making me feel a dull throbbing pain similar to what I felt in the days after the operation.

• Like 5
On 10/25/2019 at 2:13 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I went to the Gym to pick things up again last Tuesday, my legs still hurt..

I literally feel your pain.  I managed 15 minutes of calisthenics yesterday and with the cleaning, and multiple trips up and down stairs (for breaks) during game last night, I am barely moving this morning. 

• Sad 2
  • 3 months later...

I'm on the weight loss game now too.  For the moment, I'm just tracking what I eat and keeping below what MyFitnessPal thinks my caloric intake should be.  If you exclude my candy habits (which I've mostly kicked) and stress eating because of work or sleep deprivation (because I have to stay up until 3 am because of work, again), I'm coming in at or under what the app thinks my calorie limit should be, so I know some of this is work's fault.  (And I know some of it is simply because I'm not exercising much.)

Good news: I'm down 10-ish pounds since I started at the beginning of December.

Bad news: I haven't changed much over the past week and change, but I'm only supposed to be losing a pound a week, so I'm not too worried, yet.  (I guess I got the easy pounds out of the way.)

So 10 down, 50+ to go.

If I can lose another 10, I'll be near the weight I was when I got married a bit over four years ago.

One side effect of February's employment wackiness is that I may get more time to exercise, which I don't have right now.

• Like 6