Sign in to follow this  
TaleSpinner

Weight Loss Support Thread

Currently swinging from 73 kg to 74,5 kg.

I keep an eye on it so I can adjust my food intake if things get too close to the 75.

Still good coming from 81/82 but I want to stay under 75 kg and prefer to be around 73kg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Do they actually take as much :blink: as three?

(Blood banks around here only pull out one 450ml bag unless you do Apherisis — Double Reds, but they give back everything that is not a red cell in that procedure.)

They only take one bag. And then the racks of vials for various testings. They bring out the vials for general testing and then the various other tests for antibodies (not just covid, they test me for many others). By the end of it all I tend to lose between 600 and 700mL of blood and then I just walk home.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Hang in there.

Keto/low carb diets do work, but it's a slow process. And it's a frustrating one when snack availability or birthday parties are involved.

I don't know that I'd call the process slow.  I mean, losing ~10 lbs a month without doing anything extra (let alone strenuous) is pretty darned quick to my mind.  Not that I'd object to quicker, mind you, but I'll take what I can get.

Still dealing with the carb-withdrawal, though.  I'm awful edgy anymore.  I thought I was over the worst of it the other day, but that must have just been relief at figuring out why I was so agitated.

The birthday party may be a lost cause, though.  I'll do what I can, but Pa Strawhat is fixing the family-favorite crepes to boot.  It's a non-stop carb train coming straight for you!  If I'm not addle-headed with visions of carbs tomorrow, I'll try and stop on the way there and pick something up that's better for the diet.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, strawhat said:

I don't know that I'd call the process slow.  I mean, losing ~10 lbs a month without doing anything extra (let alone strenuous) is pretty darned quick to my mind.  Not that I'd object to quicker, mind you, but I'll take what I can get.

Still dealing with the carb-withdrawal, though.  I'm awful edgy anymore.  I thought I was over the worst of it the other day, but that must have just been relief at figuring out why I was so agitated.

The birthday party may be a lost cause, though.  I'll do what I can, but Pa Strawhat is fixing the family-favorite crepes to boot.  It's a non-stop carb train coming straight for you!  If I'm not addle-headed with visions of carbs tomorrow, I'll try and stop on the way there and pick something up that's better for the diet.

[?]

SAvory crepes with meat inside of them. Nix the internal. interior carbs in the crepes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

[?]

SAvory crepes with meat inside of them. Nix the internal. interior carbs in the crepes.

Not the way die Familie Strawhat does it. :lol: Sugar or syrup on the outside, sometimes both, maybe apples or cherries on the inside--unless you want more sugar or syrup, that is.

It's an idea, but I fear Grandpa Strawhat would spin in his grave...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, strawhat said:
14 hours ago, TGP said:

Not the way die Familie Strawhat does it. :lol: Sugar or syrup on the outside, sometimes both, maybe apples or cherries on the inside--unless you want more sugar or syrup, that is.

It's an idea, but I fear Grandpa Strawhat would spin in his grave...

They probably stopped making them, but I had some at IHOP a few years ago. They did a crepes dish involving chicken.

I bet bacon, egg, and cubed ham in a crepe would not be bad. Maybe add some shredded cheese… Muenster, or White Cheddar or similar.

• Like 3

It sounds good, but it's going against...a few decades...of established dietary habit (which started long before me and is, admittedly, a bit messed up).  Gonna take some time to wrap (ha!) my head around that.

Made it through the party.  I did not upset granddaughter (which was my main worry--I would not have been able to handle her asking me why I wasn't eating her cake).  I did upset Pa Strawhat, as evidenced by his scarfing jumbo-sized bites out of a stack of crepes.  We have our communication issues.

I know it was the right thing to do, but I still feel like broccoli for doing it.  Good news was there was plenty of sausage.  So I did get something to eat.  Also good news, I think the diet is starting its appetite suppression effects as I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and I wasn't hungry.  I'd have been more than ready to eat normally. 

• Like 4

Still going strong(ish).

I've had a couple more treats than I would like to admit, but I'm spacing them out reasonably well.    I'm sticking to a more "induction phase"-ish style of diet (trying to keep carbs under 12-15 per day).

I wish we still had a scale so I could keep better track of any potential loss.  We used to have one years ago, but I broke it (and not by stepping on it--my ring slipped off my finger and shattered the glass top when it landed on the scale).  We just haven't bothered replacing it.

But I have noticed some positives:

• General improvements in the mood.  Mrs. Strawhat is glad of this, too.
  • Minor aches and pains are down ~75%.
  • Better sleep.
  • Clothes seem to be fitting better.

And I may have inspired Pa Strawhat as well.  I don't expect that he'll stick to it, though due to some family matters.

Now to worry about Turkey Day...

• Like 4

It has been a while since I posted here, but I have dropped from around 207 to 193, so around 14lbs. I wanted to try to get to 190 by the end of this month, but I don't think that will happen unless I stop eating completely (& I like eating!). Tentatively still have my church wedding for February, so  Hopefully I can drop another 10lbs before that. If the date slips because of the Pandemic, our next choice is middle of April, so hoping I can hit 175 by then...

Damon.

• Like 8