Weight Loss Support Thread

Guys, I have been professionally engaged in weightlifting for several years now, and therefore, for me, the set of muscle mass, as well as, in principle, mass is very important. I am very proud of those people who set a goal to lose weight and go towards it no matter what. You are great! I am currently training hard to improve my deadlift performance. The deadlift training program helps me to do this, which is aimed at strengthening the back muscles and increasing strength so that the indicators in the deadlift increase significantly. This training program will only last 12 weeks. At the moment, I am already at the stage of special preparation (week 7). I have significantly increased the intensity of work, and also an emphasis on working with a lower amplitude in the deadlift, which allows you to lift heavier weights.

Edited by Alejandro Morris
  • Like 6
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, after some searching, the last time we did a weight loss support thread was over five years ago.  It didn't seem to make sense to threadomancy that since it is long out of date.  Anyway, I need to

/blows away the dust   So things have happened, jobs were gained and lost, houses moved into and new awesome jobs were gained. Diets failed and exercising failures but something happened.   My ne

welp.   I've done it.   I've lost 50 pounds. 22.7 kilos. All of the weight I gained while on meds for 7 years. It's gone. I'm back down to my college weight.   Not entire

Posted Images

I was just thinking about this the other day, too.

Ma Strawhat's passing, job stress, household issues, etc. have completely derailed my diet.  I think I've still been losing a little, or at least holding my own, but that's more the amount of stress I've been under.  That isn't a good trade-off.

The "good" (not "bad," at least) news is that I'm raiding the vending machines in the lunch room "less."  For months those lazy sons-a-guns wouldn't fill their machine for anything.  Now they're in to fill once a couple items sell out.  I don't have that much willpower!

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 10:28 PM, strawhat said:

The "good" (not "bad," at least) news is that I'm raiding the vending machines in the lunch room "less."  For months those lazy sons-a-guns wouldn't fill their machine for anything.  Now they're in to fill once a couple items sell out.  I don't have that much willpower!

Probably one of the best things to come out of work from home for me... 3 years ago one of the changes the new owners instituted was to make the soda and candy machines free....

In other news, I'm finally getting serious about trying to shed some weight.  Mrs. Wulf wanted to join Weight Watchers again and I joined with her this time, that way we're both making sure points get tracked.  I'm only about a month in, but I'm down 5% of my body weight so far and feeling really good about it.  I also started riding my bike again after a few years of letting it collect dust.  I'm not up to LONG rides yet, but I'm doing 30 minutes out of my lunch break right now, and i'm up to just over 5 miles and about 350 ft of elevation change.  Doesn't help that i'm lugging a heavy 29" trailbike around the neighborhood with wide tires instead of a proper road bike but I'm going to keep pushing.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 6