Weight Loss Support Thread

I probably had about 1800 calories for lunch (normally I have about 700). I will probably just have some broccoli and fruit for dinner, we eat a lot of fruits and veggies normally.  The hard part will be convincing my wife to eat dinner (she's got to feed the baby in her belly) while I skip it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going too extreme with cutting calories when exercising can lead to exhaustion that prevents you from exercising, and limit the metabolic and cardio gains from exercise. Remember, you really don't want to lose weight much faster than 2 lbs a week, so about a 800-1000 calorie a day deficit. With exercise, that is about 1300 calories a day for me.

Going too extreme with cutting calories when exercising can lead to exhaustion that prevents you from exercising, and limit the metabolic and cardio gains from exercise. Remember, you really don't want to lose weight much faster than 2 lbs a week, so about a 800-1000 calorie a day deficit. With exercise, that is about 1300 calories a day for me.

You are correct, sir!  I meant to imply "adjusted" calories.  I'm fairly seditary on my days off so I try not to overdo it.  During the work week I will eat just enough to fuel whatever it is I'm doing, and then worry about my basic operational needs.

• Like 1

I finally got hungry. It happened about 20 minutes ago. Lasted for about 2 minutes, then it went away.

<pause for math>

Hmmm. So last food was about 17 hours ago... :ph34r:

<wanders off in direction of fridge>

• Like 1

Manager brings 50 pizzas to a long meeting an hour before dinner...

Small pizzas? or big meeting?

Papa Johns (yeah yeah, stop groaning) but they had every version on the menu that wasn't a specialty.  One of them was ENTIRELY PORK.  Like it was a delicious melty bacon disc of heavinlyness.  

Later that night when the carb cravings came back I ate a Large popcorn and two hot dogs.  I think I blew my calories for the entire week in one day, lol.

EDIT:  OH I get it now:  It was supposed to be a big meeting but only half of us showed up so we got to pig out.  Did I mention they had pizza cookie things the size of personal pan pizzas?

Edited by Girot
  • Like 4

My wife pretty much only likes papa john's.  Luckily, there aren't any close to us so I don't have to face the moral dilemma. 

If the pizza shows up an hour before dinner, how is that not just dinner?  And really, you have to keep some snacks around to satisfy late night cravings that are better than hot dogs and popcorn. 

• Like 4

I haven't posted updates, mainly because I haven't made any progress... And after being Prednisone free for a couple of weeks I am back on the stuff again today because my symptoms flared up again. Darn it! So for the next month I will be lucky if I can stay stable.

• Like 1

I used to only eat once a day. Once. Since the dieting thing started, I try to balance 2-3 meals with snacking through out the day. I made the mistake of not eating breakfast and my stomach punished me with intense pains and growling til I did. I had dinner at nine the night before and woke up to intense hunger pains at 8am like I hadn't eaten.

• Like 1