Weight Loss Support Thread

Start Date: 7/2/2014

Height: 5'7"

Goal Weight: 145-150

Starting Weight: 172

I started the push up challenge. I want to continue it to completion this time. I am also trying to completely quit drinking soda. I will try to minimize my tea and coffee intake. My doctor told me that I need to drink 2x amount of caffeinated beverages I drink in water. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, after some searching, the last time we did a weight loss support thread was over five years ago.  It didn't seem to make sense to threadomancy that since it is long out of date.  Anyway, I need to

/blows away the dust   So things have happened, jobs were gained and lost, houses moved into and new awesome jobs were gained. Diets failed and exercising failures but something happened.   My ne

welp.   I've done it.   I've lost 50 pounds. 22.7 kilos. All of the weight I gained while on meds for 7 years. It's gone. I'm back down to my college weight.   Not entire

Posted Images

So I started back towards February, and hit a roadblock brick wall while I was in Korea these past few weeks (so...much...good...food).

Start Date: February 10th, 2014

Height: 5'10"

Goal Weight: 175lb

Starting Weight: 235lb

Last Recorded Weight: 223lb (before three weeks in Korea)

• Like 3

Start Date: 7/2/2014

Height: 5'7"

Goal Weight: 145-150

Starting Weight: 172

I started the push up challenge. I want to continue it to completion this time. I am also trying to completely quit drinking soda. I will try to minimize my tea and coffee intake. My doctor told me that I need to drink 2x amount of caffeinated beverages I drink in water

I gave up sodas a number of years ago. But, lately I have been backsliding by drinking lemon/limey: Sprite / Sierra Myst / 7Up.

Did your Doc give a line of reasoning / explanation for the water intake boost?

(I have heard a lot of theories: The only fact I know about water intake is that it is possible to kill an otherwise healthy college freshman with too much water intake in too short a period. Fraternities.  :wacko::mellow: Hazing.)

• Like 3

I started the push up challenge. 

I used to be able to do 100 push-ups, ironically due to the great many push-ups I did at band camp. Then I broke my shoulder (oww) in a bike accident and my wrist (oww oww) in another bike accident 5 years later and now I haven't done one in years. Okay, lets do this! I'll be needing that upper body strength again soon.

• Like 3

Well after my fine words in this thread, my actions weren't up to snuff.  I grabbed McDonalds for lunch yesterday on my way home because I couldn't wait the 30 minutes to get home to the salad stuff.  I am very weak willed.  Although I did take the kids out to Sweet Frogs (a Fro-Yo place in town) and avoided getting myself anything; so yea me?

Heading to NH for 4th of July BBQ.  I suspect that my willpower will fail me there.  Looks like lots more exercise in my future.

• Like 1

Heading to NH for 4th of July BBQ.  I suspect that my willpower will fail me there.  Looks like lots more exercise in my future.

Bring me a burger would you? Starving.

Could be possible.  I'm gonna be eating ribs though.

If you avoid the mildly flavored concentrated sugar concoction that passes for BBQ sauce around here, those would fit on my diet list.

• Like 1

Since college I've had problems with kidney stones a few times. So in order to avoid going through that agony again my doctor recommended I up my water intake to the above mentioned.

I used to do 150  push up and 150 sit ups, now I can do like 35. That wasn't all at once, but in reps. The challenge I am on is 2 fold. The first month you start at 15, and work to 45. Then you go from 45 to 100. 

One thing in my favor is that since I started chemo meds back in February my appetite is much less than it used to be. 

I'll join this after this weekend. Seriously. We're gonna BBQ burgers. I make half pound burgers. Though I'm gonna try to make them a bit smaller.

Anyway:

Start Date: July 7 2014 :;):

Height: 5'6"

Goal Size: dress size 8

Current Size: dress size 14 :unsure:

Edit:

Starting BMI: 30.5

Goal BMI: 24ish

I'm going off BMI because I believe it to be a better indicator of health than weight. After all, if I do well enough, my booty will be all muscular and shapely ^_^  Which will weight more than a fatty booty.

End Edit!

I'll add measurements and whatnot later today. I have a doctor's appointment today, so I'll be able to get a weight measurement (I'm the odd female who does not have a scale). My strategy is to eat healthier, snack less, and exercise. I believe I've mentioned the hilariously named Brazilian Butt Lift before. That's my torture of choice. And I think I'll start a food journal too. That seems like a very good idea.

Mostly I'm just sick of my clothes not fitting. :mellow:

Downside: I won't fit my cute corsets anymore /sobs. 

That's not a downside. It's an excuse to go shopping :;):

I have your back Lady Melons, hehe

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 4