Weight Loss Support Thread

TaleSpinner

Still stalled weight-wise, but temperatures are beginning the downward slide so in a few weeks I can maybe get out and walk again. 

I have noticed a thinning of the waistline, but I've also put on some upper body muscle and I think this is why the scale isn't moving. 

• Like 4

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hand release push ups are my new favorite (ie oh good this hurts) exercise.

Googled that.

Why is it better/harder?  In the video Mr. Iamsofit-Idontneedtodopushups was touching his chest then lifting the hands clear of the ground [?] or are you doing the thing where the hands clap when the torso is at the top?

Looks like I lost 2-3 pounds last couple of days. Not in a good way.  :zombie: 

• Like 2

6.6 lbs is good for a month, what do you mean slow going?

I'd like to lose an average of 2lbs/wk so I feel I'm a tad behind (1.4lbs), but I'll just get more active and work out which should speed it up a bit.

I would also like to lose 2 a week, but most weeks I manage 1 or 1.5. ANY progress is good progress, as long as it's progress towards a healthy n3rd. 

For my part, I've stalled out since August 1, and hover between 209 and 212. I've kind of lost the GenCon weight, but then put it back on after snacking all night at a wedding reception, and then lost it again and then put it back on after a birthday party

My current plan is that I'm going to work on exercising at PAX across the next 7 days, and try to eat really well and simply not gain any more. Be 210 when I get home next week. It'll make August a wash, but that's ok. Then, when I get back, I'm cutting out any non-controllable portion for September, so no chips. No dips. Food I can measure and count and track. I'm going to add a weight routine into my workout cycle, coached partly by Kit. And I'm going to start working out for an extra 20 minutes EVERY WORKOUT. Longer workouts from now on, I have 12.5 weeks to get as low as I can before the hideous evil that is Thanksgiving (US) hits me with pie, and if I can be 190 by then, that's freaking amazing.  That's my goal, and that's my plan.

6.6 lbs is good for a month, what do you mean slow going?

I'd like to lose an average of 2lbs/wk so I feel I'm a tad behind (1.4lbs), but I'll just get more active and work out which should speed it up a bit.

I would also like to lose 2 a week, but most weeks I manage 1 or 1.5. ANY progress is good progress, as long as it's progress towards a healthy n3rd. 

For my part, I've stalled out since August 1, and hover between 209 and 212. I've kind of lost the GenCon weight, but then put it back on after snacking all night at a wedding reception, and then lost it again and then put it back on after a birthday party

My current plan is that I'm going to work on exercising at PAX across the next 7 days, and try to eat really well and simply not gain any more. Be 210 when I get home next week. It'll make August a wash, but that's ok. Then, when I get back, I'm cutting out any non-controllable portion for September, so no chips. No dips. Food I can measure and count and track. I'm going to add a weight routine into my workout cycle, coached partly by Kit. And I'm going to start working out for an extra 20 minutes EVERY WORKOUT. Longer workouts from now on, I have 12.5 weeks to get as low as I can before the hideous evil that is Thanksgiving (US) hits me with pie, and if I can be 190 by then, that's freaking amazing.  That's my goal, and that's my plan.

Definitely any progress is good progress and I've been healthy before, I'm sure I'm not alone with the yo-yo'ing that happens.

Sounds like you have a great plan there Bryan, I know you can succeed at it and hit your goal weight with it!

• Like 5

Hand release push ups are my new favorite (ie oh good this hurts) exercise.

Googled that.

Why is it better/harder?  In the video Mr. Iamsofit-Idontneedtodopushups was touching his chest then lifting the hands clear of the ground [?] or are you doing the thing where the hands clap when the torso is at the top?

Looks like I lost 2-3 pounds last couple of days. Not in a good way.  :zombie: 

You go all the way down touching your chest to the ground.  You then lift your hands off of the ground (I put my arms out to the side) put them back down and complete the push up;making sure you don't arch your back on the way up.  You would think that being able to "rest" at the bottom would help, but releasing the tension in your arms and chest by lift up your hands makes it harder to do.  Plus by going all the way down you never have a chance of doing a partial rep as you get tired.

• Like 3

Checking in...

Stranded @ 245 lbs BUT I lost 4-5" off my waist.  I actually had to adjust my wardrobe so my work cloths would stop falling off of me.  ::D:

I have at least 30 lbs to go!  I have a wedding to go to in October so I'm planning on dropping at least 10 more before then.  After that we'll see.

• Like 9