Weight Loss Support Thread

TaleSpinner

I'm lucky to just find shoes that fit. I have very wide feet (4e in mens) and can never find a woman's sports shoe that fits.

Mix the wide feet with a high instep (I cannot fit into Crocs) and low ankle bones, and about 98% of the shoes in a store will not fit me.

Of those that will, most will hit my ankle bones at a spot that makes my feet numb just wearing them. Can't wear inserts because of the instep.

Currently I wear Birkenstocks. No pressure on my ankles, and mostly fit. Athletic shoes... yeah. Normally I end up a size too large and in mens.

:(

• Like 3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried NB. My low ankle bones still get hit.

I have tried numerous specialty brand stores. I can't order online because I have to try the shoes on. Even as a child we'd go through most shoes in the store trying to find some that fit.

I hate shoe shopping. I have about three pairs, and only one gets worn regularly. The others are special use only.

• Like 2

I hate shoe shopping too. I'm a full size larger than most women's shoes are made, have a high arch and really wide toes.  I can't buy anything through normal retail stores.

Meanwhile, I had my annual checkup today and the doctor said my weight changed less than an ounce from last year!  So that means my scale is broken and I did not gain a bunch of weight like I thought I had over the winter. Whoo hoo! 

She looked at the records on my right shoulder (torn tendons, severe arthritis, bone and cartilage deterioration, etc) and was surprised that I can use it at all (I have full, mostly pain free movement) and then ordered x-rays of my left shoulder which is starting to pain me more often.  I don't think we'll find any surprises there. :/

• Like 4

The first Blue Apron meals arrive this Saturday, also bought better quality knives and a cast iron skillet (my first one) to try and get into cooking more. My downfall is buying random food items as they tend to not be good for me.

How is Blue Apron working out? 

The first Blue Apron meals arrive this Saturday, also bought better quality knives and a cast iron skillet (my first one) to try and get into cooking more. My downfall is buying random food items as they tend to not be good for me.

Pretty great so far :)

I have only made 6 meals but it is making me up my cooking game. I keep thinking of it like World of Warcraft cooking skills, it's going to take a while till I get to the next level.

The food has been good, considering I am making it. The directions are very clear and the ingredients are all basically the exact amount you need for the recipe. Some of the meals are more food then we can eat.

Does anyone know how to get the smell of garlic out of your hands?

• Like 6

Stainless steel soap.

Seriously. Amazon search.

We keep a bar of that in our tackle boxes for the fish smell. There's like... no scientific data showing that it works. But it works! And even if it's just our minds tricking us, I'll gladly pay $5 for the placebo effect haha.

• Like 4

Pretty great so far :)

I have only made 6 meals but it is making me up my cooking game. I keep thinking of it like World of Warcraft cooking skills, it's going to take a while till I get to the next level.

The food has been good, considering I am making it. The directions are very clear and the ingredients are all basically the exact amount you need for the recipe. Some of the meals are more food then we can eat.

Does anyone know how to get the smell of garlic out of your hands?

Stainless steel soap.

Seriously. Amazon search.

This

• Like 3

I love the smell of garlic.... but soap and hot water usually work for me. 

I even have the bacterial removal soap and it doesn't seem to budge. It's not as bad now since I have washed my hands a bunch.

Rub your hands with salt, wait for a few seconds then wash your hands,