Weight Loss Support Thread

TaleSpinner

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaannddd the WHO just reported that there was some misinterpretation.

"Please keep eating meat it IS healthy and contains important minerals, however don't eat too much processed meats because then it gives you a slightly higher chance to get cancer...

But a burger every now and then is fine.."

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 1

Just a heads up. The studio that makes Zombies Run!, the running App I use to track my runs (and used when I was only walking, also) is having a sale this weekend which includes their running apps, walking apps, and other workout apps (pushups, squats, and the like).  No linking allowed because it's against forum rules, and it is (sadly, for many) iPhone only for some of their apps, but I just went and picked up the training one, figuring if it can make squats half as fun as they've made running, It's worth $.99 (US).

http://io9.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800

In case anyone's under any delusions about the scientific value of pretty nearly any study on nutrition... 

That was a fantastic and fascinating article, thank you for sharing! If many years of writing research papers for college has taught me nothing else, it's to be diligent in ensuring that my sources are good, and that the studies themselves were interpreted correctly. I'm also extremely glad I've taken a couple of statistics classes, which have taught me to question such things as: what was the sample size? Was there a control group? Who financed the study (meaning was there a conflict of interest)? What does the article actually mean by 'statistically significant'? and so on.

On a different topic, I've finally been able to start doing martial arts again! :D I'm hopeful that as long as I make sure I don't fall into the trap of "I'm hungry so I'm just going to snack on whatever is closest/requires the least amount of preparation, I should start feeling better (stronger, having more energy and having my jeans fit comfortably again) soon. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

So I'm slowly losing weight again.

It came to a halt last week when I was in Germany.. A portion of Schnitzel seems to consists of three schnitzels all delicious and big,  accompanied with baked potatoes..The Horror!!

So after that I haven't snacked and did some heavy excercise. Today my girl and I will go hiking.

It seems I'm getting a bit slimmer already.

Now to keep it up.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 3

Just a heads up. The studio that makes Zombies Run!, the running App I use to track my runs (and used when I was only walking, also) is having a sale this weekend which includes their running apps, walking apps, and other workout apps (pushups, squats, and the like).  No linking allowed because it's against forum rules, and it is (sadly, for many) iPhone only for some of their apps, but I just went and picked up the training one, figuring if it can make squats half as fun as they've made running, It's worth $.99 (US).

which season are you running?   I'm on season 4, run 23, and Abel has lost another long time resident.  

i'm glad they are not afraid to kill people, it is post-zombie-Apocalypse after all, but I'm going to miss some of these people. 

The goal for this weekend is no more than 2 full sized candy bars or the equiv, 

my weight hasn't changed appreciably but I did manage 8:57 mile and I my weight lifting program is starting to see improvement.  

• Like 4

which season are you running?   I'm on season 4, run 23, and Abel has lost another long time resident.  

i'm glad they are not afraid to kill people, it is post-zombie-Apocalypse after all, but I'm going to miss some of these people. 

The goal for this weekend is no more than 2 full sized candy bars or the equiv, 

my weight hasn't changed appreciably but I did manage 8:57 mile and I my weight lifting program is starting to see improvement.  

I'm at Season 2 Mission 15. We just completed the beached ship 2-parter. 

I avoided all packaged candies, but did have some of the amazingly delicious cake made by a local cake artist (and it was amazing!). I did ok with my overindulgence, most of the problem was the empty calories of the alcoholic beverages I indulged in to excess. As it happens, though, the .75 lbs I gained this weekend doesn't discourage me in the least, I plan to recover and double down. In fact, tonight I begin a new weight training routine personalized to enhance my half-marathon training and work the muscles that aren't getting attention form the cardio.