Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
so once these came out in retail I was really pretty thrilled and bought some as soon as possible. Now that I've taken photos I see tons of errors, but oh well, I'm probably not going to fix anything any more with these two.
I'd like to just mention that these two little gnomes were great fun to paint and as my second and third Bones Black figures that I've painted, I do enjoy working with the material. I did prime them, and the only real issue I had was those first coats of primer, and also a first coat of paint sticking on the figure properly (yes I washed them before starting to paint). Also removing the flash was a bit different than removing flash from metal, but not a horrible inconvenience.
Anyway, here they are, hope you enjoy them!
and the lovely pair together:
By Lord of the Dish Pit
Have you ever thought to yourself,
"If only I could make this mini temporarily huge, I could really go to town on the details, blending, etc..."
Because this line of thought is about to get me into trouble. I've seen quite a few examples of kickelf busts done here, and seeing the sunbleached and sorry state of some Garden Gnomes I found last year in a forgotten tote bin, ideas began to ferment. Also I've been playing more Mordheim than is probably healthy on the PS4 which led to dreams of Gnome Witch Hunters purging the lawn of weeds and heresy. Which then led to various other forms of madness that can be expressed in a lawn setting.... but for now let us begin with Gnomes and Mushrooms.
Partial basecoating done with some ancient craft paints, as I'm somewhat intimidated by the sheer amount of surface area I'm dealing with, and the fact that my skintone blending is not something I feel is paticularly strong as of now. The plan is to have his shirt come back up to white, and his overalls will also be black. The shoes as well, maybe. Beard and hair will likely be blonde. His walking stick might be converted to an axe once I find my hobby saw and get a pattern traced on some balsa wood. Overall, the vision is of Puritan/Amish village mob.
I've already coated the stems in beige spraypaint, and I'm thinking to paint the caps in an orange/red with white in the holes. I'm tempted to try sculpting some Malefaction faces on them, but seeing as how I've never sculpted anything before I figure it's best to get used to painting the absurdly large first. (As I type this I hear the voice of future me muttering something about how the sculpting is inevitable and something about moldmaking. He's suspiciously silent when I ask back concerning winning lotto numbers...)
Who's Online 39 Members, 2 Anonymous, 116 Guests (See full list)
- Doug Sundseth
- Balgin Stondraeg
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Darsc Zacal
- Xiwo Xerase
- Northumbrian Tin
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Rob Dean