• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By R2ED
      It's the weekend and time for painting! 

Started strong and ended weak.  Let me say that I had the intention of doing a red/black/purple color scheme, but at some point it just got away from me.  I LOVE the horse and the leather details on how they came out, but the real loss is my wraith on top.

His colors just don't fit together in a cohesive way. 

I used my new Artis Opus brushes to do the horse and holy cow do they work great.  I went from a black/red up to a orange highlight.  The muscles and details really popped and I'm super happy with it. 

Big miss was I somehow didn't realize that my black ink had metal flecks in it, so by the time I was done with the Nightmare's mane and tail it was too late. "Gee, that tail has some big shine...wait a minute..." Lesson learned.
      The wraith was a whole different story.  I started by doing a wet blend of purple and red.  Didn't work.  Then tried nightmare black and purple.  Didn't work.  It was just a struggle.  His sword was supposed to be darker and ominous, but it just kept getting lighter and at a certain point I was ready to just be done. Bad match for a death knight.

My real win is the horse.  I really liked how he came out and I'm very happy with the result. 

Here's the stages.  I also want to base this guy.  I'm thinking forest floor feel...

• By R2ED
      Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors.  I think he came out okay.  Sometimes simple is good, right?

Battle Report!

Wins:
      * Cape and layers came out well.
      *  Staff shading was good.
      * metal highlights worked out well.  Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
      *  brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.

Misses:
      * The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough.  I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad.  Then went back and just did similar tones.
      *  I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look.  Open to suggestions you may have.
      *  Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.

Open to feedback on this one.  
      I also need some good basing ideas.

• By Chaoswolf
      I just finished painting this figure yesterday. It's from the old Grenadier boxed set 'Fighting Men' #2005. Not really a whole lot to say about him, I spent about 3 hours painting him to a good tabletop level. I got a little burned out on painting for a while, feeling like I had to paint everything to a competition level. Well, sometimes it's just fun to slap some paint on a figure in a few hours just to take your mind off of other things. I had just forgotten that somewhere along the way.

Anyhow, here he is, let me know what you think.

• By Adrift
      Reaper mummy I wanted to theme as an ice mummy. 
      Wizkids beholder zombie. 
      Reaper wraith from Bones 4 that shall be known as “The Red Wraith” in my dnd game as a recurring villain. 

• By angelGPD
      Hi i just want to introduce you Marise Greyshroud Wraith Queen.