Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Tried to keep this in very, very simple colors. I think he came out okay. Sometimes simple is good, right?
* Cape and layers came out well.
* Staff shading was good.
* metal highlights worked out well. Used an ink wask to fill in the deeper areas and shade and edge highlighted.
* brightened the scale mail in the front which I think added a cool effect.
* The staff and bones didn't differentiate enough. I tried doing a dry brush that failed pretty bad. Then went back and just did similar tones.
* I wanted to have more color in the body, but didn't see how to do it without pulling away from the grimdark look. Open to suggestions you may have.
* Also could have differed the band colors on the staff a bit more.
Open to feedback on this one.
I also need some good basing ideas.
I just finished painting this figure yesterday. It's from the old Grenadier boxed set 'Fighting Men' #2005. Not really a whole lot to say about him, I spent about 3 hours painting him to a good tabletop level. I got a little burned out on painting for a while, feeling like I had to paint everything to a competition level. Well, sometimes it's just fun to slap some paint on a figure in a few hours just to take your mind off of other things. I had just forgotten that somewhere along the way.
Anyhow, here he is, let me know what you think.
Trying something a little different this time. I've got a friend who loves JRR Tolkein and I thought he'd really appreciate a little diorama. Since I have to ship this, I need it small and durable.
Now, I get it that Bilbo's sword Sting glows bright when Goblins are near, but let's just say for this story it's glowing because danger is close. I have him in the stone henge area with a Wraith King coming around the bend. Let's just say this is about to get real...
Starting this on some foam board. I was going to use some chip board, but didn't want the glue and stuff I'd be using for the base to get soaked in and bend.
Using the extruded foam core for the stones. Carving them down was pretty fun. I'm thinking I might add some runes or something into them. I haven't primed them yet, so I still have time.
The ground terrain is kind of fun - I used spackle, glue, sand, and some burnt umber paint. I'll do some grass and floral additions to it. You can see on one of the pillars that I used a different mix to surround the stone. That was the filler without the paint added.
For the circles, I'll be leaving those open to put the minis into and can be taken out on their own. I'll be basing them to match the surrounding area, but Iike the idea of taking them out of the diorama when wanted.
Open for any and all suggestions here. We're still far from done.
Who's Online 5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)