Space-Saving Nesting Houses (Terrain)

Thanks for the support everyone. I started tinkering with tapestry and flocking today, mostly because everyone here has reacted so positive toward this project. You guys are great. ::D:

We are enablers helping! ::):

• Like 1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEAUTIFUL & PRACTICAL...that is a FINE combination. VERY WELL DONE!

One of my Forum Friends, magokiron, has another space saving idea that you might find interesting; i.e., his buildings hold flat. Here's a link to his thread:

http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t1553-magokiron-s-buildings

With most of the photos there is a spoiler that shows the buildings in their flattened form.

• Like 1

Very nice.  I do like the barrels (and the DM scotty ones too).  I have a bunch of small scale barrels that I keep meaning to get around to.  I picked up half a dozen small one from the wood working section of AC Moore for ~ $1.00.  I keep meaning to get around to them, but the keep getting misplaced.

• Like 1

One thing rather than carve out the paper on the foam core, use Drywall patch on the outside and while it is still wet put in the lines.  Also works for adobe buildings or Tutor buildings with beam and plaster outsides.  (I know that is not the right name for tutor outsides, but I am having a brain freeze for the correct name)

• Like 1

One thing rather than carve out the paper on the foam core, use Drywall patch on the outside and while it is still wet put in the lines.  Also works for adobe buildings or Tutor buildings with beam and plaster outsides.  (I know that is not the right name for tutor outsides, but I am having a brain freeze for the correct name)

[ Thinking warm thoughts @ tuckerman... ]

I used to have a Tu t or who lived in a brick house. I have never lived in a faux-Tu d or house which is what Americans call ordinary houses with external cladding that appears to be Half-Timber style construction.

The very oldest real Half-Timber buildings in Britain date from the Tudor era. Half-Timber buildings remain standing in Norway, Germany, Denmark, Belgium, and Switzerland as well as Britain. But each area often exhibits its own unique style.

Funny you mention that, I was originally going to try for a black beam on white adobe look tudor, and I even had the spackle to do it. I think my inclination to try to stack the finished stone block-segments into a fortress won out. Which isn't as impressive as I originally pictured, since the flat tops lack the crenellation to really define it as a fortress.