Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

The Summoning (Sorceress & Worm)

The text on the book came out really well.  There are several blue spots hidden in the piece that I enjoy too.  I'm sure your Exchange partner will be very pleased! ^_^

• Like 2

The text on the book came out really well.  There are several blue spots hidden in the piece that I enjoy too.  I'm sure your Exchange partner will be very pleased! ^_^

Thanks! I had to practice like 7-8 times on a piece of paper to get the consistency down right for the paint and see how I wanted to paint the script without it coming out garbled. I hope that my partner will like it and yep a few hidden details that I tried to put into it.

That's really cool! ^.^

Thank you!

She's gorgeous, the worm is delightful, and the display base they can be removed from is brilliant. Well done, ub3r, your exchange partner is a very fortunate person. ::D:

• Like 2

Super cool!  Great idea and execution.

Shai-hulud!

^_^ Thanks!

It's really wonderful! :wub:

How did you do the texture on the base?

Appreciate it!

The texture on the base is Course Pumice Gel from Golden. I layered it on twice to build it up in a few spots, then just primed it up with reaper brush on primer and then painted it afterwards.

• Like 1

It dries rock hard too, just let it dry overnight and you are good to go. Oh, and make sure to use an old crappy brush to prime/paint as it will tear it up real bad because of how coarse it is.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 1

Nice...

(You totally should have painted up her clothes as a Fremen skinsuit, lol)

I actually REALLY thought about it and looked them up extensively, but in the end it was too monotone with the worm and the base so I wanted her to stand out on her own with some brighter colors and I wanted to allow the person who receives her to be able to use her as a PC if they wanted without it being totally Dune.