ub3r_n3rd

The Summoning (Sorceress & Worm)

Guess you'll just have to buy another copy, huh? lol

lol maybe, but that'll be down the line a bit. I just got a new project that I need to start today for a new member of my Pathfinder Group.

I like it a lot. Espeacially how the inside of the book's eyes and mouth look like a geode

The texture on the base is Course Pumice Gel from Golden. I layered it on twice to build it up in a few spots, then just primed it up with reaper brush on primer and then painted it afterwards.

How would you say it compares to white glue/ pva / Elmer's Glue All mixed with sand?

Nice, I'll have to put that on the wish list, it has such a neat effect!

Sand and white glue mixed together might create a similar effect.

Guess you'll just have to buy another copy, huh? lol

If ub3_n3rd wants to go Shai-Halud, maybe a larger worm might be appropriate.

• Like 1

You might be able to get a similar effect with sand/glue mixture, but the coarse pumice has varying grades of pumice in it, so you'd have to probably add some other types of ballast or sand to get the same type of effect.

Love the piece. Love how the colors came out, too. 

If I can be nickpicky, I would've used a more saturated blue on the worm, or a more saturated red or purple since it looks so drab when compared with the summoner. But it works this way too, it is just a different preference.

The new color on the rocks? Just what it needed too. And the book, awesome.

• Like 1

Love the piece. Love how the colors came out, too. 

If I can be nickpicky, I would've used a more saturated blue on the worm, or a more saturated red or purple since it looks so drab when compared with the summoner. But it works this way too, it is just a different preference.

The new color on the rocks? Just what it needed too. And the book, awesome.

Thank you! Yeah, different preferences I wanted her to stand out more since she's (star of the show) the one who is doing the summoning of the worm and that the worm should have natural camouflage, which is where my mind went with it. I'm sure it would've looked good the other way too though.

Glad you like the rocks and the book  ^_^

Great job on that, bud!!

Thanks wolf!

Wow that's awesome, you can definitely tell that with each piece you paint you improve on different and new things. This is a great piece!

Thank you!

A lot of nice details that other folks have already mentioned: all of the blue elements work well and the book looks great. I love the removable pieces idea...it's great when minis can look good both on the game table and on the display shelf, too!

• Like 1

I can see you are improving. This piece is very competently done. I like it overall as well, great composition.

• Like 1

Love her clothes!

Thank you  ^_^

A lot of nice details that other folks have already mentioned: all of the blue elements work well and the book looks great. I love the removable pieces idea...it's great when minis can look good both on the game table and on the display shelf, too!

I've been pretty big into removable pieces since I realized that they are needed in my Pathfinder game sometimes such as a 1 inch base fitting into a 2 inch base for when a character is enlarged. So I took the next step on this one for a diorama/vignette to have it playable and a display base. Thank you for the compliments!

It looks like a great diorama. You could also call it, "The Sneak Attack"

Thanks jdizzy, lol yeah she could be turned around to face the worm instead as well, which might be what the exchange partner wants it to look like on their shelf.

I can see you are improving. This piece is very competently done. I like it overall as well, great composition.

Thank you DF, really appreciate your comments. 

At first I was like, "Why does he have Wren's mini on his diorama?" :)

Excellent work!

Whaaat!? That's a huge compliment Cash, thank you very much!  :blush:

• Like 1