Sign in to follow this  
Maglok

60129: Chelaxian Infernal Binder

Really dig the binder, she's just wonderful... skin tones, cloth highlights/shading/freehand all excellent, basing is great, and hair is spot on.

My only critique is the fire figure (flaming sphere), looks a bit too dark... too much red not enough of the other lighter colors for me. Just personal preference though, it still looks good.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

Nice work, I love the palette you used on her. This could turn out to be another of those really versatile models, I've seen her painted radically differently many times already!

• Like 1

VERY NICELY DONE! You have a FINE eye for colors & a WONDERFULLY appealing style; AND your bases finish off the pieces SPLENDIDLY!

My Evil Camera does terrible things to the colors also. It's partly the lighting, but mostly its due to the Camera hating moi...at least it, The Camera that is, shows good taste in people.

The freehand is mainly to illustrate the fact that the character is a worshipper of Calistria, whose colors are yellow and black. So I tried to work that into the clothing a bit.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mcfoltzy
      Made this for a friend 

• By Nial ap Morai
      Finally finished an NPC mage that plays a recurring role in my campaign. Now that she’s done the party will probably never return to her castle .. fun to paint

• By Kangaroorex
      Further efforts to produce a dozen dragons this year brought me out to the desert sands where even dragons new to worry about being spotted if they want a decent meal.  To this end desert dragons are campflaged to look like the ground from above and the sky from below.

Hope you enjoy him 

• By I'mHere
      Here is my take on the Dance of Death sculpt from the Bones 4 Kickstarter.

I really enjoyed this one,  finishing it up this last winter. I saw someone mention somewhere online that they were bummed that the heads didn't exactly line up, but I found it reminiscent of dogs when they are snarling while looking sidelong at each other.

Apologies for the scratches and discolorations on the background. I've been meaning to pick up some black cloth to improve that.

Thanks for taking a look!
    • By Javedian
      I have done about 15 minis over the past year (starting with the Learn to Paint kit), after taking a 30+ year break from painting lead with Testors enamel. Each one I try to learn or improve one technique. This one I focused on pose & basing (took a little surgery to get rid of the pudding base and shape all the claws). The 'rock' is a chunk of bark. Any comments, critiques, questions or suggestions are welcome. Between this forum and YouTube, I am amazed on the knowledge and information available, in an overall great community. Getting ready for Bones V delivery!

• Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)