Maglok

60129: Chelaxian Infernal Binder

Really dig the binder, she's just wonderful... skin tones, cloth highlights/shading/freehand all excellent, basing is great, and hair is spot on.

My only critique is the fire figure (flaming sphere), looks a bit too dark... too much red not enough of the other lighter colors for me. Just personal preference though, it still looks good.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd

The lighting added some darkness, she is a bit brighter in real life.

She still looks great!

Nice work, I love the palette you used on her. This could turn out to be another of those really versatile models, I've seen her painted radically differently many times already!

• Like 1

VERY NICELY DONE! You have a FINE eye for colors & a WONDERFULLY appealing style; AND your bases finish off the pieces SPLENDIDLY!

My Evil Camera does terrible things to the colors also. It's partly the lighting, but mostly its due to the Camera hating moi...at least it, The Camera that is, shows good taste in people.

The freehand is mainly to illustrate the fact that the character is a worshipper of Calistria, whose colors are yellow and black. So I tried to work that into the clothing a bit.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neatpete
      The new Kickstarter got me motivated to dig up some old bones. I realized after all these years I have never painted a dragon, so I got after it. Rather happy with how this came out.

• By Jellyranger69
      Heya guys! I’m relatively new to the hobby and I’ve only recently discovered Reaper minis. This is my new favorite company, great pieces that even a broke dude like me can afford.

I suffer from partial blindness so extreme details can be a challenge....but it’s just for fun so whatevs. I plan on spending my remaining years of vision painting as many pieces as I can. 

I’ve seen some really incredible work from you guys! Thanks and feel free to hit me up. I’m always down to chat about minis and always open to critique. I’m here to learn.

- Jelly

This is my first completed Reaper product: Athak, Undead Knight!

• By Bartimeuase
      Inspired by Doug Sundseth’s red and white legionnaire, I did this mini for a paladin I want to play in an upcoming campaign. This guy offered a lot of fun details, especially the sword and sheath. I used Liquitex basics, with some Agrax Earthshade

• By Monoksbones
      Saw this figure in my LGS a while back, decided to buy it, and now I'm using it as my new DnD character. He was quite intriguing to paint. I really enjoyed this one. I used Citadel paints for it. I also gave it a spray undercoat first, I do with all minis even ones that are already primed, too much of a habit now.

• By Floyd Ryan
      This is Barzillai Thrune, the major villain from the Pathfinder Hell's Rebels campaign. I painted him as a service to my DM because we are currently playing that campaign and my intuition tells me that it will be needed some day. The mini is extremely faithful to the original Wayne Reynolds art and I also used the same colour scheme, but I regret using my standard unimaginative "block of acryl paste" base. With the burning mace the mini would be excellent for OSL experiments and there are two fine versions of it on the forum with lighting effects, but I thought to late about the idea and was reluctant to add it to the almost finished mini.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 214 Guests (See full list)