Worldwide "24 hour" Miniature Painting Day Challenge! July 12th, 2014

OneBoot

I enjoyed the experience immensely.  There aren't to many public painters in the area who like painting as a group and it can be hard getting materials and people in one place, particularly eclectic people like me who don't know what they are going to paint until they sit down in front of the workstation...  this was a great opportunity to meet talk and have some social time while doing something I love to do.

I was a little disappointed that there weren't more people on line to meet and it was a little slow in the morning.  But I still had a good time and would love to do it again.  Also sorry I was out and missed a few people I wanted to meet in the afternoon.  maybe next time?

Anyone wants to be social and meetup on Mumble or hangout some time, pm me and we can work something out. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once my computer is fixed, I'm going to dedicate more time to doing Virtual Painting Groups. /also investing in a newer Webcam.  

It's nice seeing other peoples work as they do it. I wish Dorothy hadn't decided to die in the middle of Paint Day. 

• Like 3

@redambrosia you didn't fail if you had fun!  I have to say that there were some parts early on that I was not having fun. 

The real question is this:  Did anyone learn anything about their painting?  I learn a few things.  1)  My color choices get really wonky after about twelve hours.  2)  My quality of painting doesn't drop as fast as my ability to speed paint.  I get slower the longer I paint.  3) I can't hold a color scheme in my head after about 12.  On the plus side, it breaks down my inhibitions about trying different colors together.

How was everyone else's painting experience?

• Like 1

Yea, the marathon was an interesting experiment and it did go as I thought it would go. We can consider this a practice event and the next one shall go smoother!

Google hangout was cool, wish they had a push to talk button. My roommates kept popping in and trying to talk to me about phone plans.

How was the Google hangouts? better than Mumble? Did anybody do video?

Sorry that I was very sporadic. Between mundane things interrupting, chat hardware issues and some raging allergies. (My ear canals itch constantly and the headphones make it twice as bad.  Should have some ear-drops soon. 

As for what I accomplished, not much got the wood and bone based on my catapult. 

How was the Google hangouts? better than Mumble? Did anybody do video?

Sorry that I was very sporadic. Between mundane things interrupting, chat hardware issues and some raging allergies. (My ear canals itch constantly and the headphones make it twice as bad.  Should have some ear-drops soon. 

As for what I accomplished, not much got the wood and bone based on my catapult. 

I didn't get on the google hangout, as it wasn't around when I was free, but I've done it before and it's nice for simplicity ,and if you actually want to look at something, but you rarely need to look at the video feed.

Edited by MonkeySloth

I just enjoyed the ability to just hang out.  Life has been awfully complex lately and not in a good way.  This was a little break from the madness.  I really appreciated just being able to hang out.

Thanks to everyone who was a part of it and I hope we can do it again!

So here's the almost finished Wyrmgear. It just needs some touching up and the base needs to be done up. I'm going to put some sort of symbols on the shields. I am also considering putting some kind of patter on the wing membranes? That might be a little to crazy :) Once that's done, I'm going to stat it out and make my players fight it!

2014-07-14%2023.17.54.jpg

2014-07-14%2023.17.17.jpg

• Like 8