Nissiana

DarkSword Female Mage/Druid with Staff - DSM 1176

She is wonderful, very well done! The face, skin tones, shading, highlighting, basing, and especially the freehand are great.

• Like 1

She is very beautiful.  The face is pretty, which can be hard to achieve on such a small scale.  I like the coloring on her hair, and the freehand design is very nice.  The plastic base looks rough-cut.  If you get a chance, try to smooth over it with some wood putty, then repaint black.  That will give it more of a professional finish.

I may have to copy that freehand pattern sometime...

Do you have any larger images, especially of the front?

Edited by MamaGeek
  • Like 2

Her face and hair are gorgeous! Really top notch work there with no exageration. The freehand though, its sketchy and rough. refinement there would pay dividends. I'm super jealous of your face painting skills though, that is fantastic, took my breath away.

Maybe try dotting in the freehand, I find that to be easier. Go back and redefine the dark areas to slim down your lines and make them a little more uniform. The areas of blotchy white should be refined and either fixed with the background color or built up to look more like a solid color.

Edited by Dontfear
  • Like 1

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone.

Mamageek, nice catch on the base. It's a Gale Force Nine magnetic base, and I think you're seeing a mold line from the rubber coating they put on the top/sides. I agree that it's pretty unsightly...I'll have to give wood putty a try! I'm on my phone at the moment, but I'll come back with some other shots when I'm back at the computer.

Thanks as well for the pointers on the freehand, Dontfear. This is my first go at an all-over freehand design like this, and uniformity is definitely something I want to improve on for the next attempt. I'll be sure to put those pointers to use!

• Like 2