• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ced1106
      "This is a board game version of the classic skirmish game and aims to give the same feeling as the original, while making it more accessible and “ready to pick and play”. Choose your agenda between the Protectors and the Destroyers, lead your units into the city and hunt down your opponent, wreaking havoc in all that stand in your way!"

MonPoc's been through two versions. First, a prepainted collectile mini's game, then a metal one. This unpainted plastic KS is compatible with the second version. The pitch is that it's less expensive than the metal version (and there's no blind purchasing), but it's still gonna be expensive, especially if you go all-in. You play with only two monsters per game, so, imo, the core set and SG's should keep most casual players satisfied. Although the game has multiple factions, you can play the "good" ones together, and the "bad" ones together. Core game is for two players (1v1, solo, coop). Battle Royale is for 3-4 players, and adds Apex monsters as enemies for coop, or bigger monsters for regular play. With this being day three, one dual-faction add-on has been revealed.

Game rules are based on the existing Privateer Press Monster Apocalypse v.2 rules. KS is run by Mythic Games. (Better than the reverse, imo!) I assume plastics are made in China, which has had some economic instability, energy shortages, supply chain issues, and shipping issues. The game won't be delivered for at least a year, so obviously today's shipping issues may not affect delivery. But, speaking of shipping, the core box *is* large, and shipping starts at $35. I'd expect to pay more.

Other kaiju boardgames exist, including an officially licensed Godzilla one. Mythic has not said if this game will be available retail. I wouldn't be surprised if the discounts expected by distributors make this and other high-end KS games difficult for retail. Also, the high MSRP may keep FLGS customers from picking up the game (much easier to sell $150 of Magic cards than a $150 boardgame, imo).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/monsterpocalypse-board-game/posts

Three days into the campaign, and they've unlocked about half as many monsters as in the core box!

• By KevvyR
      Hi all, just thought I'd share a couple images of my first Reaper mini painted up. It definitely seemed strange not priming something before getting started (typically print my own lately in resin, so have to prime those), but I wanted to try one of the Reaper products.

I am by no means a pro, but each mini seems to get a bit better - constructive criticism welcome - I know I need to get a better photo setup sometime - maybe when the basement reno is done 🙂

Next up is Boerogg Blackrime the Frost Giant...I love doing monsters so they're on-hand when needed for our D&D campaigns 🙂

20211031_141414.mp4
    • By Darcstaar
      Next in line: 77049, Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger.

I tried priming with a 1:1 mix of Blue Liner:White Brush On Primer.  There were a few mold lines and casting valleys that showed up.  I put a layer of Brush On Sealer on them.  We’ll see how that worked.
    • By Darcstaar
      Taking a hiatus on the Mocking Beast.
      Trying to gain some victory in numbers on my Bonesium Horde.  I have completed the beetle swarms, spider swarms, and skeletons without WIP. 

I’m going to do the goblins now.  I plan two batches: one yellow/ochre, and the other tangerine.  Some nice “non-Greenskins.”

Several of these required boiling.  Some are still leaning.  The spears are straighter.  One of these was the beneficiary of a weapon swap.  I had given Danar, Male Assassin 77030 his shield for a spiked shield.  In return, we have a dual wielding goblin!
    • By Darcstaar
      This one is next in line.  He needs a better base.  

This is a standard Reaper 1 inch base.  And a sheet of embossed styrene cobblestone, for model railroading.  I superglued it on, trimmed around it with an X-Acto, then sanded it down to 800 grit.  Any gap left is going to get the Brush On Sealer treatment to deal with the seam.  After this I just superglued the Mocking Beast on.  No pin.
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)