ProShaker - (used as a) Miniature/Hobby Paint Mixer

The ProShaker is a gadget made for nail parlors to mix up gel and lacquer type polishes. I found it makes for an incredible tool to mix up your hobby paints.

Here is a link to pictures and some explanatory text; and a YouTube video demonstrating it in action:

http://imgur.com/a/VopIE

I like Reaper paints too, but I demonstrate it being used with Vallejo.

If you're one of those guys on YouTube that made a Frankenstein paint-mixer out of a reciprocating saw welded to a tent-stake... then this is for you! :)

Note; I've also posted this in Reddit/self.minipainting

• Like 2
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the one I found on ebay.  Keep searching for a good deal on a used one.  Mine has been great and does the job well.  I just look at what paints I will be using and start shaking them in it.  I also have gotten into the habit of shaking all of my paints every so often (6-9 months) as it is so easy.  Just throw a few in while I am painting.

http://www.scientificindustries.com/genie2.html

• Like 1

Surprinsingly, that's the kind  of mechanical design I was thinking about when upgrading my home-made shaker (which is nice, but I would love more power for denser paints).

It is actually pretty easy to replicate, and then the thing is getting a powerful enough motor to shake it well. I shall try it!

• Like 1

Well, it is as "simple" as getting a disc with an off-center peg, attach a container to the peg and then hang the cointainer with rubber bands or springs to a central location... you need some tools to get it properly built, and a rotating motor (which, in fact, are quite common of course).

• Like 1

I made one out of an electric knife and some gaffer tape.

Similar story here- punch holes in a turkey carver blade with a bore bit, attatched tiny clamp.

AHHHH I need to see these genius devices! STAT!

Edited by Arc 724