Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

77013 :: Bones Minotaur :: Weapon Conversion

The two handed maul is definitely "him"...it looks PERFECT with the Big Bovine Guy. The weapon build & the conversion are BEAUTIFUL...only some painting could possibly make them better. GREAT WORK!

• Like 2

OH my lanta! I just died! That is great! I love conversions.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate it.

Gonna prime him tonight.  Sadly, there won't be much to see on a pic unless I give him a wash which I will let my buddy handle.

I also doubt this will be his first painting attempt as he likes this character a lot so it might be some time before I get a pic from him.

I am encouraging him to join the forum. We'll see.

• Like 2

That's a pretty slick conversion. You did a great job constructing the maul and giving it both detail and character.

This is the second or third cool rendition I have seen of this mini in recent weeks. I might have to get one for myself... :ph34r:

• Like 2

I might have to get one for myself... :ph34r:

I said the same thing when I was looking at this on paint day. Because I have any room in my painting queue for the next 200 years.

It was funny as Thom shot the WIPs, though. He voice activates his camera so I kept thinking he messed something up, "Shoot.....shoot....shoot!"

• Like 7

It was funny as Thom shot the WIPs, though. He voice activates his camera so I kept thinking he messed something up, "Shoot.....shoot....shoot!"

Like I said then, it would have been weirder for me to say, "Smile ... smile ... smile" or "Cheese ... cheese ... cheese."

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kharsin
      So I'm branching out from typical miniatures and trying something new. My son has really been into Hotwheels lately, and it turns out that there's an entire Hotwheels Customization culture out there much like the minis we like to paint. I put two and two together and figured why not try it out? So, here's the WIP (some of it at least) of the Fairlady 2000 I'm currently working on. Besides, if it ends up horribly, Hotwheels are only .94 cents at Wally World 

Unfortunately, I got the bright idea to WIP after I was pretty much done painting as much as I'm going to on the first go-round. However, here's the comparison between the Yellow "stock" Datsun and the Orangy one I've painted.

Also, the various components of the build that I've worked on.

Finally, the installing of new axles and Red Rider wheels found on the more "premium" versions of Hotwheels. I may use the donor truck as a future "distressed" diorama if I feel froggy enough. The floorboard is also painted a metal shade as you can kind of see it in the interior if you bother to try to see it. I just finished gluing the axles and wheels in about five minutes ago, so it'll have to sit for a bit to dry. If all goes well, I'll have completed my first custom Hotwheel. I'll be able to zoom across the table in a one of a kind upgrade. WHHHEEEEEEEEE!!!! 

I'll post final pics after everything's dry and fitted. Thank you for checking it out!

-K

P.S.: Thos pics are tiny! I'll post larger ones in the Show Off when it's done. I apologize for the oversight 
    • By DankDungeonMaster
      Finished my first metal mini. Took some time to get the chain mail the way I wanted.

• By dunker79
      I painted this late last year and posted him up on the Facebook page. This is the updated image using my new camera/backdrop setup. Please enjoy. As usual C&c always wellcomed.

• By dunker79
      I painted this late last year and posted him up on the Facebook page. This is the updated image using my new camera/backdrop setup. Please enjoy. As usual C&c always wellcomed.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      In my campaign world, I've long had mention of a mythical monster known as Verigana the Tormentor, who is figured prominently in the epic planar war that took place in the misty past. Servant of the goddess of Pain, she slew a champion of the goddess of Mercy. I've had her in mind for quite a while, and often had a winged marilith in mind when I've envisioned her. But, now that I'm running a campaign set during that long-ago time period, I wanted Verigana to appear and be truly intimidating, and a marilith by herself just wouldn't cut it. The idea of her being a Hecatoncheires was very, very attractive. In Pathfinder, those beasties are a bit more than I really wanted, but the idea of a scaled-down version would be nice. However, miniatures of such hundred-handed monsters aren't exactly flooding the market. I decided to get on a famous auction site and search for the term just by itself, and I came across a miniature of Final Fantasy XIII's Hecatoncheires figure. So, I picked one up, got one of Reaper's 77393 Avukavali models, and went to work modifying the creature. I cut off the hands of each of the principle arms, dug through my bits bin and found all the spare goblin arms I had from a box of GW's Warhammer Fantasy figures, and then did a bunch of weapon swaps to put weapons into the left hands. I managed to wear my hands out drilling pins and gluing together, and cut my finger on a new X-Acto blade due to general clumsiness, but overall, I'm pretty satisfied with how she came about after I got her finished. The only nudity in the miniature is from a Reaper mini, but posting rules indicate I should link her instead of posting her. Obviously, this may be NSFW. Enjoy.
      Deviant Art Gallery
      Image 1
      Image 2
      Image 3
      Image 4
      Image 5
      Image 6
      Image 7
      Image 8
      Image 9
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)