Sign in to follow this  
Ellusionist

Mantis Model Storage Case

I've offered to send him additional postage for my US order if he needs it..

Same here.

I feel for him. Even with the troubles it's having it's still going loads better than the mini box KS I backed. Which is probably going to end up being my second failed KS.

Now the whole world knows SamuraiJack that's why I did "backers only" I feel really bad about all this ::(:

"Sad to hear but I appreciate his candor."

Thanks

The other Kickstarter will not be affected by the first Dan d'Lyon

Isn't sharing information such as this the intent of these forums? I appreciate knowing about this kind of thing before backing a project. The community here Is pretty civil, even with delays. Creators can't just expect free publicity here without having delays also advertised.

Yikes sorry for the necropost. Didn't notice how old the quote was.

Edited by TSgt Keats

I'm... going to stick with Game+Plus foam trays. Seems that KS foam trays and dice haven't been panning out. ):

wow.. what are you expecting?

Total of three cases:

• first one filled with 36 heavy infantry trays (I think 3x)
  • second one with one 50mm and one 40mm tray
  • third one with one 120mm tray

Not quite enough for my Retribution army, but close.

Hello everyone, update time!

5f132eb7d7af15ca1c9024731bc4ef81_origina

b70b2014c998fc2aa1ffdb7a36e170ae_origina

672c97c60c55fa03684aaa2924ae76b3_origina

The above will be sent out Wednesday.

As you know shipping was started a while ago. Before that I had an issue with the shipping rates being increased which caused some set back. However, I’ve fixed the problem and no backer has been charged additional postage. I would like to thank all of you who had offered to do so as it showed me how caring and faithful you are in offering to help.

In regards to some of the 36 heavy infantry trays. The gluing isn’t as proficient as the other trays, this is due to me hiring someone at the beginning who started working on them and those were his first and last batch incidentally.

During the course some of the boxes and foam have been damaged and I am unable to replace them at this point in time due to ordering a set amount. As a result some backers will only be sent the foam and once the next kickstarter is completed they will be sent either single or the new double case. I have also replaced some of the trays with ones matching closest to what you had originally ordered.

I will PM those effected with the cases once I’ve sent out all remaining orders. In the comments section backers are requesting an update and are querying on their shipments. If you have not received an email notification then I haven’t sent out your order.

I will be sending out 6 pallets worth of orders Wednesday leaving one last collection which should be for Friday/Monday latest. After this most of the orders will have been sent out, this doesn’t include some remaining with their survey not filled in yet, address updated, not responded to paypal payments and so on.

Finally I will address the lack of communication from my end.

Those of you who have met me in person had good encounters with me (I presume). This enabled us to have lengthy conversations where I elaborate why my communication is lacking but explaining it online is very different.

This problem stems from my work ethic conflicting with this kickstaster. On a professional level when I am working on a project I will close out everything and everyone around me and focus on the task at hand. This amplifies if I’m working on multiple projects. It's a double edged sword because it yields results as I am less distracted and more productive but can be a hindrance when I need to be communicated with. When transported over to kickstarter coupled with not using social media it’s a recipe for disaster.

I don't consciously go out of my way to avoid doing updates, my mind subconsciously asserts "The backers know I am working, they know it will be done". And then when I see a comment asking for an update, I will tell myself I will do one when I get home. Then either something is happening, I work on a project etc I've forgotten and then no update.

I am focusing on amending this so it won’t inflict with Mantis, and you, the backers. I don’t want to diminish the efforts and goals we’ve striven to reach and overcome because of my ineptitude in communicating with you. It will take time but as I progress I hope you’re patient with me to see its fruitful results.

Anyway this kickstarter is near an end and I’m sure you’re all be very delighted when you open your parcels.

Tyron

• Like 1

Got my shipping notice.. DHL express which is great for me because their import hub is about 90 minutes from my house..

I got my three cases today in Canada. They are great, nice big boxes with good looking trays. I'm happy with them, and I'd recommend them to someone looking for a mini case.

One oddity, the first box I opened had 4 heavy infantry trays with all the foam inserts removed. But then all the other trays had the foam still inside. At first I thought I got the wrong trays, but no, the foam was all properly cut and easily removed. I know he had some problems that caused delays, so maybe he was originally removing it then decided not to to save time. In any case, I now have a bunch of blocks of foam in various sizes. The blocks look like they could be a good size for 28mm buildings, I might see if I can turn some of it into terrain.

• Like 2

Mine cleared customs in Cincinnati this morning.. which puts it on track to get here tomorrow or right after I leave on vacation *grump*

Got mine the other day. Already filled the infantry case. A lot of my 'jacks don't fit in the 50mm slots, but I'm working it out.