77108: Shadow Dragon

Adrift

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great paint job here, just an excellent piece!

As far as critiques go: I agree with DF about the blending smoothness, and would also add that I feel the base needs a tad more to it. What I mean by that is that it seems that the base you made for him on the display is really small, I think it'd look a little bit better with that carried out a bit further towards the edges. 

• Like 1

He looks great. I love the dramatic contrast in your shading and highlights. I'm not a fan of OSL from eyes, so I'm glad you decided against it. With this piece, the glowing yellow eyes still come across without the OSL.

• Like 1

Nice job.  Much better than My "little pony" version, which my son still hasn't forgiven me for.  I like the stark highlighting.  the base could also stand a stain rather than paint.  The pine bases they sell are really porous and paint is absorbed unevenly.  spraying with a sealer first or using a saturating stain gives a much more even tone,

Really like the effect!

• Like 2

The blues practically glow.  And I like that only the inside/underside of the wings and spinal crest are red.  Imagine that guy dozing on his hoard all curled up and totally blue-looking.  Then some adventurer rashly wakens him and when he spreads his wings and raises his spines that huge flair of RED flashes out in front of everyone.

Edited by Paintergeist
  • Like 1