Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

Tact-Tiles - Mike McConnell/BC Products

I keep coming back and looking at this, but I just can't justify the cost. Alas.

Same here; it's the international shipping that's the real killer. I'm pretty sure it's going to make it though, I have a feeling this may be a project many have clicked 'reminder' on, and there should be a sufficient boost at the end. I hope.

I'm stateside, but yeah, that international shipping is killer.

x2 on hoping they make it, though, 'cause it's plain to see how badly folks are wanting them.

I'd like to back but just way too much stuff on the plate at this time of the month. That I'm wanting to put a order with Reaper & get either the Adv. Class Guide or Beastiary 4 as well. There goes the hobby cash for a bit.

They are nice thou.

Yep pretty sure this will make it. It's got

69 more hours to go, and now needs about $6,000 more. If it does the about $2K a day that it's been doing the last few days, even without a big uptick, we will make it! Yay!

Like I said, I was on the fence as well until I spoke to some of those people raving about the tact-tiles and got the low down. Everyone says they use their tact-tiles more than any other game aid. It's nice to have the other game aids, but these are always used because they are the most versatile.

And everyone I've spoken to who has them say they can't imagine gaming without them.

• Like 1

So after a day of using gaming mats (we've got 3 of them) my big question is this:  how well does wet erase marker come *off*?  Because the downfall of the mats is that the markers tend to stain, which gets annoying.  I'm still not sure we need them, and based on today's session we'd need a set of 12, which is a good sized investment.

The mats aren't made for dry erase. I know it doesn't say it anywhere on their packaging about it either.

These tiles can use both dry and wet but not on both sides. The other side is apparently just blank not writeable surface.

I would think that it would be similar to white boards, and would depend on how long you left the marks there. (With both wet and dry erase)

Ours have cleaned up without staining for years now.

If I get a little staining from dry erase on a white board, a little alcohol based hand sanitizer on my towel takes it right off

• Like 6

I'm in for 12. We've been using a Chessex mat I pick up at my first ReaperCon. It is getting pretty worn now. I think that these tiles will be a great addition to my group.

• Like 2

Finally broke down and pledged for a deluxe set and a couple of blank tiles. Unless there are a bunch of withdrawals at the last minute, I think this is quite likely to fund.

Usually the biggest problem with Tact-Tiles is if you treat them poorly and let them get scratched up, sometimes the dry erase bits can get caught in the little micro gouges.  But you have to really treat them like crap.

The Storms' set has seen a ton of use and abuse, and it still works great.

• Like 3