Sign in to follow this  
Pegazus

Crocostimpy! Sebeki Master of Words (WGE-145) from Crocodile Games

I was casting about for what to paint next on the video series. The first episode of the new series was up a while ago. I had a battle royale with a smaller pile from my large mountain of minis. They went one-on-one with dice rolls deciding who would continue and who would go back into the drawer. Video is linked below.

Episode 1 Video Link

So Sebeki won, from Crocodile Games' Wargods line. Or, Master of Words won. Little alligator guy. Wizard maybe? I dunno, I don't play the game. My train of thought is definitely not in a straight line, and it did go around a bend too fast and jumped the tracks. He's going to become a crocostimpy.

Yes, yes. He's an alligator not a crocodile. The voices in my head demand a crocostimpy, and so that's how he's going to be painted up. I don't get to that point in the video below, as the WIP picture shows. Just getting around doing the basic stuff I do on a metal mini: flash trim, wire brush cleanup, mounting, and then a prime job. I don't expect those who are old-hat with that to watch. The fun begins in Episode 3.

Crocostimpy_001_zpsc11073de.jpg

EDIT: Just putting older videos out of the loading path.

EDIT: Hmm... some strange reason I'm not able to embed the videos. Eh. Links it be.

EDIT2: Okay, never mind. Some reason, the "share" link on YouTube doesn't become a video while the full URL does. Not sure how I didn't stumble into that prior to this.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 7

A Master of Words is a spellcaster although based on the fluff I would probably equate them to clerics rather than wizards although that can vary by faction. Since he is a Sebeki, he is definitely a crocodile and not an alligator!

Hmm. His snout seemed very narrow for a crocodile, which was what led me to believe that. But looking it up, I apparently got the shape mixed up between the two. Thanks!

Cool.  I don't play the game either, but I've been buying the figures since before there was a rulebook for them. I look forward to seeing how this gets painted. 

Been working on the CrocoStimpy, and even have had the video up for a few days, but I've been too busy and too lazy to make an update. So many other diversions to sap my time.

One thing I forgot was how stupidly hard it is to get a good red color over black. Oh how I wish I'd remembered that so I could lay down at least a thin layer of white primer. Sheesh! It took a long time to get it to the point where I'm happy with it.

Crocostimpy_002_zps03df9f7d.jpg

The colors are a bit harsh right now against the brown background. I might switch to a light grey to see if that helps. And the video is linked below.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 5

Finally got my act together and got some work done to post up. Pretty standard base coating so far for the stomach and nose. Happily, the nose covered better than I had hoped and I won't have to do a multitude of layers.

Crocostimpy_003_zps93842831.jpg

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 4

Was sick last week and posted the video but didn't advertise it. Then really didn't feel up to much, so a short video this week. But his head is nearly finished!

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 1

Wow. A month? That's been a lot of whole weeks filled with Mondays. Trust me.

I actually have been working on this, but the sessions have been far and in-between. Worked up the cape, some scarf/lapel thing, and some hieroglyphics. That last item is the fail.

EDIT: Hiding the older video with spoiler tags for a faster loading.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 1

Getting a little bit more done on the Crocostimpy. The image has his lapel painted and lettered (hieroglyphed?) and I painted the rolled up paper to look a bit like a newspaper in homage to Ren. The video shows all this, while the picture was taken just before I started on this evening's recording.

Crocostimpy_004_zps17139ed7.jpg

EDIT: Putting older videos behind spoilers for faster loading.

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 5

Shoot. Last week's video was posted, well, last week. Hectic. Anyway, I painted the things I think should be jade stones. Yeah.

EDIT: Hiding older videos behind tags for faster loading.

Edited by Pegazus

And I finally managed to get Crocostimpy to a decent table top standard. I haven't attached nor finished the base, as I'm planning at some point to go back over him to do some shading, extra highlights, and bring him up a bit in detail. But that'll have to wait, and won't be put up as a series.

Pictures first, then the ending video!

Crocostimpy_006_zpsbcd2bfd7.jpgCrocostimpy_007_zpsdb92d967.jpgCrocostimpy_008_zpscf993e05.jpg

• Like 2