Chaoswolf

Rules change?

...snip...

Although the consolidated WIP threads were far more ideal for me, a reasonable compromise for my personal situation would be a monthly thread, with the understanding that the thread would end (with the exception of any lingering comments/discussion on the previous minis) after the last mini to be posted within the timeframe was "completed." So, for example, let's say that July 25th I posted a mini that I'd started but did not complete it until August 1st, I would still post that completion in the July thread to tie up loose ends, but any mini started on say, August 3rd, would begin the August thread. That would still leave me with the potential for having a thread dedicated to only 1-2 minis if I had a particularly busy month and thus could not paint much, but would open me up to the possibility of posting 4-5 minis if I somehow managed to be particularly speedy (ha) but still wouldn't feel so limiting as a "come up with a theme or you have to only post one" sort of restriction, which gives me anxiety to even think about it.

I believe that a "monthly" thread as in "this is what I painted this month" or "This is my January Paint Jobs" was specifically mentioned as being allowed. You could probably even do that quarterly; "Here is my first quarter Painted Miniatures".

• Like 1

Was it? I saw where it was suggested, but not where it was specifically allowed. I will have to go back and read, I must have missed that.

These clarifications have addressed most of my concerns with the new rules.  While I would still prefer a "Fanguad's Forever-and-Ever WIP Thread," I can work with maintaining a half-dozen slightly-more-focused, but not necessarily single-figure threads.

• Like 6

Well, and if you have threads that grow very long then after a certain point you might decide to start anew with a "part 2".  I'm thinking I might do that with my Bones Request WIP, so that I can re-focus on just the ones that people ask to see done up.  I added others in, and it made it messy.  After, I dunno, ten minis like that then I might start afresh again.  This may help keep the threads small enough to make moderation a bit easier on the mods, too. 

I like that thread and still owe a few on it.  Mostly I like it because people tend to pick things I hadn't planned on doing anytime soon, or have no idea what to do with.  Makes it an interesting challenge sometimes. 

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2

I have no reason to doubt the future sharing of my crafting will be more successful that the past.

For some reason, I had it in my head that you didn't paint, or something. I look forward to seeing your work! :)

I'm the Mod that is probably the least active painter.  My last mini painted was the Speed Paint at ReaperCon, and before that, the last mini I finished would require a calendar to track. :blush:

Now that both my kids are full time school aged, and I will now be home during the evenings, and can set aside painting nights for my daughter and I, I am hoping that changes in the future.

• Like 7