Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Tropical Wyvern

I very much enjoy the paint color scheme overall and the blending you produced on the wings to transition the colors!

I'd like to recommend some fine shading and highlighting to bring down areas that would receive less light, and bring up areas that would receive a lot more to give the piece that little extra umpf!

Wow Siri, you are really really improving with every figure. This is fantastic! Love the color scheme, the blending, the basing, and the water effects. It really is pulled off very nicely. 

• Like 2

I very much enjoy the paint color scheme overall and the blending you produced on the wings to transition the colors!

I'd like to recommend some fine shading and highlighting to bring down areas that would receive less light, and bring up areas that would receive a lot more to give the piece that little extra umpf!

hmm, yea I'll see about giving him some shadows and highlights. Gonna have to think on it carefully, so many colors on him, each will need its own shadow shade lol!

This is pretty freakin cool

Very nice. :wub:  

I love the tropical "Bird of Paradise" concept you pulled off with this. Thanks!  ::):

ya that is pretty good looking! I like the theme. The base is really nice too! 

• Like 1

hmm, yea I'll see about giving him some shadows and highlights. Gonna have to think on it carefully, so many colors on him, each will need its own shadow shade lol!

I disagree! Especially the yellow dominating your choice of colors for that wyvern! A watered down glaze of medium to medium-dark tone of purple would give you a nice shade for your shadows and as a complimentary shade to yellow, would actually enhance the appearance of the rest of the figure.

For the highlights, it's mostly just over the highest green areas. A highlight using a muted yellow, or bright yellow glaze on the highest aspects would give you that extra pop.

• Like 2

I will give it a shot, though I am afraid if ruining him irreparably lol

A lot of great painters and friends of mine here on the Reaper forums encouraged me to push myself and continue to do so...it's my job to push you as your friend.

• Like 3

It's stunning, Siri. What a little beauty! It looks like one of those Amazonian parrots.

• Like 1

May I suggest trying Adrift's suggestion on a small area first... one that isn't as easily seen?

Yea, I was thinking of giving some shading in a small area and see how it comes out before doing the whole thing =)

It's stunning, Siri. What a little beauty! It looks like one of those Amazonian parrots.

Thanks!! I was definitely inspired by the colorful birds of the rainforest, especially conures

• Like 1