• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, I especially like the way the feet scale shading turned out.

And in my experience cleaning the mold lines takes about 100% of the amount of time doing a 'quick' paint job does on Bones. So... to clean or not to clean.. that is the question.

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 1

Nicely done.  I like the contrast between the sweet face and the monstrous form.  Perfect harpy.

I wish I could claim that was intentional!  I think that's more a credit to the sculptor than to me.  I just painted it like I saw it, and didn't do much thinking on this one, since it was just a gaming mini.  So kudos to Miss Julie Guthrie!!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Dungeon Dwellers 07031, Giant Rat sculpted by Julie Guthrie. The base is 25mm. Is that model already oop? (Should be released in bones USA this year).

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone! I completed Dorella last September and just found some time last week to paint and add her pet next to her. Here's Dorella Kreeg and her Giant Rat familiar named "It Tickles". She's a sorcerer in The Hook Mountain Massacre Written by Nicolas Logue, the third chapter in the Rise of the Runelords adventure path published in 2007 for Pathfinder.

60027, Dorella Kreeg the Ogre Shaman was sculpted by David Summers and the 07031, Giant Rats (familiar) were sculpted by Julie Guthrie. There is a magnet under the rat that has no base so it can stay securely on Dorella's base or be removed when the other model is used individually on its 25mm base.

• By Metalchaos
      Some more ghouly chill down your spine, this is the stuff of nightmare. These are 77720, Ghouls and Ghast sculpted by Julie Guthrie and Bob Ridolfi.

• By Peithetairos
      The Eye Beast (77043) by Julie Guthrie is finished.

In the end this almost counts as a speed paint, as it only took me around three evenings.

The central eye really caused me headaches. First it was green, then I decided it needs more contrast. So yellow it was. I also tried out a layer of UV resin to get the glossy cabochon eye look and I think it worked well.

What really helped speed up the process was establishing the base colours via airbrush. Everything else was just glazes with dark brown, turquois and orange.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are some ensemble pictures of my entry in the "Dia de los Muertos" Sugar Skull Painting Contest. I had simply posted a closeup photo of the skull for the contest. This is the Bones version of 77116, Colossal Skeleton sculpted by Jason Wiebe. This Undead is Huge, 120mm tall, almost 5 inches. Notice I repositioned its arms and removed the shrouds that were hanging between its legs.

The other elements on the base are from Reaper Miniatures as well. There are 77528, Graveyard Ruined Fences by Bob Ridolfi, a 77531, Graveyard Fence Post and 77731, Gargoyle Finials also by Bob Ridolfi, a 77538, Gravestone of Sorrow sculpted by Julie Guthrie and one of the 77534, Tombstones sculpted by Kevin Williams. I used roots, birch tree seed hulls and various synthetic mosses to complete the scene. The base is 75mm (3 inches) wide and was 3d printed. Enjoy!