Impact Miniatures - Pony Kickstarter

Nocturne

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are definitely considering the Sea Pony as a strong contender for Stretch Goal #5 so definitely thanks for that input.

Hmmm a Lance accessory for the Paladin/Knight Pony.   Let me talk to Chris and see what we can do.   The problem is that the cost of making a Lance is pretty much the same as making an entirely new Pony (less the concept art) so I'm not sure we can do it ... but I will definitely consider it.

Based on the feedback if we do a Ranger ... we are considering putting the bow and arrow as a glue on piece and possibly adding on a sword option.  In Ponyfinder, Rangers need to get advanced or be Unicorns to magically have the extra hands to use a Bow so for the people getting the figure for Ponyfinder ... a sword is a better option so we might try to make it more flexible for use.

Great ideas on this thread ... thank you so much everyone!

Tom @ Impact!

Trollcast is really good stuff and can capture loads of detail (and Ed & co continue to improve and refine the casting process)

the only place it can fall down is in thin bits which can be fragile (easy to avoid if the sculptor knows what material they're designing for) and the occasional bubble hole that may need filling

just check out these croc fantasy football players

crocs_otb.jpg

• Like 1

Mainly fragility and fulfillment concerns. I have heard that it does a great job of detail.

Happy to have your join the KS smokingwreckage!   

To address your concerns:

Fragility is less a concern now ... Ed improved the formula to have more flexibility in the new figures we are casting.  However we've never had anyone reporting fragility issues with the Ponies and Unicorns we previously created even with the old Trollcast formula.

As for fullfillment.   That is not an issue with us and Trollcast.   We shipped out last 4 KickStarters using Trollcast (Asian Chibi, Gaslight Chibi and Urban Achievers) one to two months ahead of schedule or on time (Ogre Fantasy Football).   

So whatever issues you've heard about Trollcast fulfillment ... they don't apply to our KickStarters.  Ed at Troll Forged has been awesome to work with for us.

Tom @ Impact!

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 1

I won't be backing this (though I may add a few buck to it), because the subject just does nothing for me as a painter or a gamer, but I wish you guys at Impact all the luck in the world withit. I love your products, and really need to get some more. Like a certain chibi hydra.....